Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Smart Air Suspension

When do you think (Smart) Air Suspension will be available for the Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm one of those guys that is deciding whether to wait for the Smart Air Suspension (SAS) on the Model 3 or not. I was hoping that it would be one of the thing to be announced last Thursday. But I fully understand that the 35K Model 3 is much more vital to the company's future than another (premium) feature.

Elon has tweeted about the Smart Air Suspension before (here and here), but the deadlines given at the time are already in the past.

So when do you believe SAS will become available?
Does anyone have more recent information on SAS?

Thanks!

Reactions: beachmiles
Hi all,

I'm one of those guys that is deciding whether to wait for the Smart Air Suspension (SAS) on the Model 3 or not. I was hoping that it would be one of the thing to be announced last Thursday. But I fully understand that the 35K Model 3 is much more vital to the company's future than another (premium) feature.

Elon has tweeted about the Smart Air Suspension before (here and here), but the deadlines given at the time are already in the past.

So when do you believe SAS will become available?
Does anyone have more recent information on SAS?

Thanks!
I would pass on it.

You’ll buy it for $10k and then the price will drop to $2k the next day...and I’ll get if for $1k. But then I’ll have to wade through 6 months of entitlement threads.

Let’s just agree that’s it’s not coming.

There's no info regarding SAS for Model 3. If I had to speculate, it'll make an appearance in a year or two as part of keeping the car "Fresh".

Hopefully they add cooled seats and a heated steering wheel by that point, as well as new colors. I actively do not want an air suspension (I think they're unreliable garbage with little real-world utility for me), but I'll be ready to upgrade in 18-24 months.

Imagine we will see it first in the upcoming Model Y. Will be necessary with a tow package, and offer additional ground clearance to fit the SUV image.

Who knows! Maybe they'll say next week "Model Y gets SAS, and by the way, while we're at it, we are making SAS available for Model 3 as well".

Sorry, I'm grasping for hope. :)

Sometime last year before the P3's were even officially announced I vaguely remember someone posting some photos of P3's with air suspension at some road course in CA, presumably testing.

I'd guess air suspension doesn't come until Model 3 is global, probably sometime in 2020, but I'd be shocked if it didn't eventually happen.