Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Track Pack Wheels, Change tires to 275/30/20 in the Rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the track package ordered for my model 3 performance. It comes with Sport Cup 2 tires in 245/35/20 square setup on 20x9" rims.

I'm going to peel off the Sport Cup 2 (not my preference for a road tire) and put Pilot Sport 4S tires on. I'm going to keep the 245/35/20 in the front but thinking of going 275/30/20 in the rear for the wide stance.

Has anyone done this? Any photos? Any issues with the 275 on a 9" rim at the +34mm offset?

Thanks

It can be done and will fit fine, but it's not the best for handling. That's a lot of tire for a narrow wheel and while it will probably work fine, you will have lots of flex from all the extra rubber and lose some feeling. Plus having the additional grip in the rear compared to the front on a fairly balanced car means more understeer for performance reasons.

If you aren't really too concerned with performance, you can always just order the wheels without the rest of the track package from Tesla for $3000 (USD) by themselves.

Reactions: dbiland