Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL - Yep. The first date of my EDD has been shifting every day to that day's date for a few days now. Today my EDD says 5/20 to 6/2. Tomorrow it will say 5/21 to 6/2.
Absolute nonsense lol. You’d think a company of this size would have an algorithm that calculates a tighter window using the rate of cars being produced, combined with other data like geographical location, etc.. A 4 week window with a creeping start date EVERY DAY.. is ridiculous 💀

even pizza companies show more detailed information for deliveries

To be fair, it's been a month since release not overnight. But I do see what you're saying. I think what's frustrating people the most is just the lack of transparency.
Well, lack of transparency could definitely be by design. Tesla's got us all here obsessing over it. Every Tesla launch of a new model or refresh is like this. I'm not sure if there's a waiting room of Mazda wanna-be owners coming up with conspiracy theories about any little delay for the next CX-30. While it's frustrating, it's also got us eagerly scrutinizing blurry pictures of steering wheels and building spreadsheets to track what color configuration is getting delivered first. It's amazing. LOL

Looks legit to me! Aww, I'm excited for him and excited for the rest of us too 😁
Call me a skeptic too but I'm not buying it based on the video and pics. Not compelling enough IMO.

I have a VIN for a M3P and had a scheduled delivery date for today, May 20th. Tonight at 6pm PST Tesla messaged me and said they still don't have approval to deliver the car to me. So either Tesla is lying to me or user D1ey1o is misleading us to believe they took delivery for entertainment purposes.

Either way, I just want to see a legit delivery with documentation that everyone on this forum believes. Then we can all know that the VIN's will flow like the salmon of Capistrano!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520_224055_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240520_224055_Tesla.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 4
You ordered a car that wasn't in production yet, or in a showroom anywhere and you're caught off guard that they didn't build and magically deploy thousands of cars immediately overnight?
THANK YOU! I know we are all excited but some patience people! They said May - June for deliveries and everyone is acting like they are months late. They can pump out thousand of cars a day so they are coming.

Anyone know if the panasonic battery is LFP?
It's not. The only LFP is in RWD SR. That's why SR is the only one you can charge to 100%
Anyone know if the panasonic battery is LFP?
LR and performance are all NCM battery. Panonic or LG, higher energy density , better at cold temp but shorter lifespan and don't like Soc too high or too low

I'm not going to exhale until we see new VINs being assigned. For all we know, all cars being built yesterday need new interiors because they smell like burnt factory and charred hot dogs. And supposedly there's an investigation now because some smoke was released into the California air. Their air quality control board could shut the whole factory down until that investigation is completed.

Anyone nearby who can spy the factory today to see if it's still running?

I'm not going to exhale until we see new VINs being assigned. For all we know, all cars being built yesterday need new interiors because they smell like burnt factory and charred hot dogs. And supposedly there's an investigation now because some smoke was released into the California air. Their air quality control board could shut the whole factory down until that investigation is completed.

Anyone nearby who can spy the factory today to see if it's still running?
Honestly, I feel like we are probably in the safe zone though. I know that another FL member mentioned that there was a ~05/27 delivery for the vehicles -- so our cars are probably with theirs. It is probably already en route.

Been lurking for a while. Getting close to potential delivery window, so here’s some more data.

Ordered 4/23, confirmation email 12:16 PM EST.
White/White.
Raleigh, North Carolina.

RN121540XXX.
EDD1: May - June
EDD2: June
EDD3: May 27 - June 30
EDD4: May 22 - June 19

I do not have a VIN. What happens when I hit the 22nd, window gets tightened one day? Lol.

View attachment 1049058
Same Edd, went from June to May 22 to June 19th. In KY and the only EDD I’ve ever had.

Honestly, I feel like we are probably in the safe zone though. I know that another FL member mentioned that there was a ~05/27 delivery for the vehicles -- so our cars are probably with theirs. It is probably already en route.

Possibly. Or they could be sitting on the Fremont lot. Should only take a few days for a car carrier to go coast to coast and my earliest EDD is 5/30.

• Funny
Reactions: Lampras
Sooo........ Fremont fire? From what I can find on the net, apparently an oven in the paint shop. I hate to wish bad things for other people but hopefully it was on the MY line. Otherwise I'll put on the big boy pants and wait. Repeat after me, I'm not really in desperate need for a ridiculously well valued sports sedan, really I'm not.

It may not matter what line it was on. IF they have to shut Fremont down for an investigation and until a determination (and correction) is made, the whole place may be shut down for a while. Let's hope not. But possible.

Been lurking for a while. Getting close to potential delivery window, so here’s some more data.

Ordered 4/23, confirmation email 12:16 PM EST.
White/White.
Raleigh, North Carolina.

RN121540XXX.
EDD1: May - June
EDD2: June
EDD3: May 27 - June 30
EDD4: May 22 - June 19

I do not have a VIN. What happens when I hit the 22nd, window gets tightened one day? Lol.

View attachment 1049058
Despair... Despair happens...

• Funny
Reactions: gavinmp4