Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if sarcasm but it does show his temp plate and a target shooting bag in his seat scale at target lol he is definitely the first
The part that’s confusing to me is he doesn’t just share a photo of the car outside his house or even the outside of the car. Everything is the inside and the other photo looks like it’s taken at the service center which if you really want to be skeptical could just be a demo vehicle that someone’s looking at I think that’s where people are starting to feel like it’s a little iffy.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
In a similar boat here, EDD changed from 5/18 - 5/31 to 5/24 - 6/8 last friday, but no VIN yet.

I’m just waiting for the floodgates to open lol
Similar 1 week push for me last Friday for Irvine/SoCal delivery. Getting closer to my out of state vacation starting 6/12. It would be kind of sad to pick it up only to leave it behind in my garage (next to my current M3) for three long weeks!

Reactions: agnzt
In all seriousness, I think the cafeteria in the Fremont factory is open to the factory floor. If there was that much smoke in there, it could have ruined a lot of stuff they use to make cars. Like seats for example. Assuming the "oven" where the fire started was a food oven and not a parts oven.

Out of curiosity, if you look at the tesla order page only the performance model says "range (est.)" while the other models say "Range (EPA Est)" assuming this means they haven't gotten EPA approval as the tesla employees stated, what would be the lowest range est you'd be willing to accept the car with? Say they changed it to 260 mile range, how many of you guys would decide you no longer want the car?
I'd be out. 280 is my bare minimum - I routinely drive 200-220 miles in a day for work and I know damn well if the range is listed at 280 miles, I won't be getting 280 miles unless conditions are perfect. I'd need some buffer

I'd be out. 280 is my bare minimum - I routinely drive 200-220 miles in a day for work and I know damn well if the range is listed at 280 miles, I won't be getting 280 miles unless conditions are perfect. I'd need some buffer
Yeah I'm shocked how many of the people in here truly don't care if they were lied to and it was to be say under 260 miles. A bit alarming haha. I think 280 would be okay anything below we're talking good margins below what they had me order at.

Just a FYI
1000013878.jpg

Apparently black seats is the kiss of death for the Model 3 Performance in the US. This car was ordered much later than mine but they are telling me mid July now and I ordered right away on day one.

If I had just ordered white seats this wouldn’t have been an issue like it is now.

IMG_5940.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: oreobbq
Disagree. Have a 22 m3p (waiting on my 24 - have a VIN with EDD 5/29 - 6/5). I test drove the S Plaid and decided on the MP3. While the S is insanely fast - there’s nothing else I like better than the 3. Felt the S handled like a large car where the 3 was more nimble and responsive.
I completely understand about the nimbleness and fun. I think it’s by far the best all around EV. But you have a VIN and a close EDD. Makes the decision easier than those of us that aren’t close to one of the easier to ship to locations and have no idea when ours will come in.
Have fun, I’ll be jealous of y’all with insanely quick and maneuverable 3s!

Reactions: arkhos