Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20240520-144009_Chrome.jpg
ooh! What's that? A remote control car? I want to place an order for that! But if the EDD is past Christmas time then forget it.

Delivery Update: I was scheduled to take delivery today in Irvine, CA. My CA left me a voice mail yesterday(Sunday)and said they can't release the car because they are still waiting on "government regulation approval" and a new "software update" from HQ.

Fingers crossed Tesla gets this wrapped up soon!
I basically got the same update today, but let me fill y'all in on how bipolar my delivery scheduling experience is becoming. Earlier this morning, I get this text:

Screenshot_20240520-144037.png

Then shortly after, I get this text:

Screenshot_20240520-144112.png

I was able to get in touch with an advisor shortly after. According to them, M3P deliveries are still being held as the firmware update for the cars hasn't been completed yet, and I should consider my rescheduled Wednesday delivery as tentative. Tesla Delivery is waiting for HQ to release the cars, then the firmware gets updated and deliveries can begin. He said best case, they get approval today and deliveries start tomorrow, so they'll keep me posted.

View attachment 1048935ooh! What's that? A remote control car? I want to place an order for that! But if the EDD is past Christmas time then forget it.
haha that's what my girlfriend was saying, how can they offer the kids car in red no extra cost but they want to charge $9500 (cause of lost incentive) for the ultra red. SMH No idea what tesla is doing. Look the Grey looks great, but I would think they would want variety colors in their performance cars to promote even more sales.

I basically got the same update today, but let me fill y'all in on how bipolar my delivery scheduling experience is becoming. Earlier this morning, I get this text:

View attachment 1048937

Then shortly after, I get this text:

View attachment 1048938

I was able to get in touch with an advisor shortly after. According to them, M3P deliveries are still being held as the firmware update for the cars hasn't been completed yet, and I should consider my rescheduled Wednesday delivery as tentative. Tesla Delivery is waiting for HQ to release the cars, then the firmware gets updated and deliveries can begin. He said best case, they get approval today and deliveries start tomorrow, so they'll keep me posted.
Thanks for chiming in. I was actually really curious about your situation because I saw your delivery date was scheduled for today. As of right now, it's looking like a race between you, @riggy1066 , @plzdelivercar , and @m3boost for the first delivery among forum members here that have reported on that spreadsheet.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and eeeric
Just reached out and got this message back about my Red / White / Chicagoland that has a date of May 28 - June 4.

“Your vehicle is early on in its journey to your delivery center. Once it’s closer, you will receive an invite to schedule your delivery date and time.

We should see that message come in the back half of this week.”
Did you order day 1? I have the same combo in Baltimore. Looks like only 10 of those combo on the tracking sheet.

Another thing I just realized is that the battery pack in the M3P is different than the SR and LR which is why the M3P gets the tax credit. Maybe there's some final red tape associated with qualifying the M3P's Panasonic battery for the tax credit?