Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering it took him 3 hours to post the pic of him driving it , I’m assuming they were trying to force the update through that whole time maybe?
Could also be they messaged all/most deliveries for today to say "reschedule" then got approval to start deliveries today, but only after they already rebooked? Or, could be a center that shouldn't have let it go.
Either way, the slips suck. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of confirmations tonight/tomorrow! Mine is scheduled for Wed so I'm very hopeful they'll get things sorted by then.

Reactions: Sandee3 and arkhos
Could also be they messaged all/most deliveries for today to say "reschedule" then got approval to start deliveries today, but only after they already rebooked? Or, could be a center that shouldn't have let it go.
Either way, the slips suck. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of confirmations tonight/tomorrow! Mine is scheduled for Wed so I'm very hopeful they'll get things sorted by then.
Don't even say something such as maybe it was accidentally let go lol. I would have to imagine that one of their main locations like Fremon, CA would know better than to accidentally deliver one when they're not supposed to :p

Anyone given any thought as to what is unique about the M3P that is so different from the LR that it would give the U.S. govt hemmorhoids? Is it really just the EPA figure? Can't be that, right... Why would that stop deliveries of cars already built?
If I had to guess, it's track mode. The new rules require EPA estimate to be based on all possible drive modes and I could see the extra options for performance causing headaches there.

What I dont understand, is why someone on a private facebook group who is trying to prove they are the first confirmed delivery in the US would only have 1 picture, of a steering wheel (which doesnt prove anything) rather than ask the delivery agent ("hey can you take a quick pic for me with my phone"?)

I mean, I hate to be skeptical, and in this case it feels like my skepticism is slightly unwarranted, but that is the most random of random pics ever for "proof of delivery" since it doesnt prove anything, and it would have been EXTREMELY easy to have someone take a pic of you standing next to the car with the door open getting in it, or something.

Shrug.. in this case I feel like there is a good chance we find out its all above board, but... there is also a chance its not, given how "shakycam" that pic is.

I am a little confused though. If we have a confirmed delivery in the US, then that means the EPA/firmware issue is corrected. But why would we only have 1 confirmed Delivery in the US today this late in the day? They have tons of cars at their locations just waiting to be delivered. Shouldn't we be seeing more deliveries? You would think they would want to be offloading these ASAP.
With the other cars that happened to this year (MSLR being a notable example), a few slipped through the cracks, I guess before the stores got the memo on the stop sale.

Sorry but it doesnt work that way. New Teslas dont come with the latest software on them on delivery, so this cant be the reason. I realize you mention "I am guessing" so im not trying to hammer you here, but that guess cant be the reason.
They do sometimes get firmware updates before delivery though. When we took delivery of my wife's MYP at the very end of October, we ended up having to wait extra time because it started doing a software update before they could finish the inspection.

What I dont understand, is why someone on a private facebook group who is trying to prove they are the first confirmed delivery in the US would only have 1 picture, of a steering wheel (which doesnt prove anything) rather than ask the delivery agent ("hey can you take a quick pic for me with my phone"?)

I mean, I hate to be skeptical, and in this case it feels like my skepticism is slightly unwarranted, but that is the most random of random pics ever for "proof of delivery" since it doesnt prove anything, and it would have been EXTREMELY easy to have someone take a pic of you standing next to the car with the door open getting in it, or something.

Shrug.. in this case I feel like there is a good chance we find out its all above board, but... there is also a chance its not, given how "shakycam" that pic is.
Don’t worry, I will send over more pictures as they become available. Don’t really want to go back and screenshot the “audit trail” leading up to the photo, but he had previously posted his order screen and delivery confirmation (that one is in this thread a page or so back).

If I had to guess, it's track mode. The new rules require EPA estimate to be based on all possible drive modes and I could see the extra options for performance causing headaches there.

You know, something just occurred to me. I always wondered why the long wait for the Model 3 refresh in the United States. It was always curious to me how an American company could take months longer to produce a much-anticipated car for the U.S. market while people in China and other parts of the world took delivery first. What if that too was just a bureaucratic EPA/NHTSA headache the whole time and once that was cleared, the M3P was assumed to be covered by whatever the solution was...

And now the reality is that the M3P has to start over as if it were a new model and go through all those hurdles, and we have to wait months just like the SR and LR "Highland" did?

Nah, couldn't be... I guess waiting breeds mental illness. Nvm.

😨

Reactions: AJ Henderson
I generally don't think the wait will be much longer. I know this hardly means anything but even here in Florida we have demo units now in our showrooms. A thought I had was whether they are waiting for FSD to be ready/calibrated with the performance model so they can ship these with FSD trial as well to potentially convince some buyers to end up purchasing.

73CE1B27-6EE8-4212-ADFF-64948CA6C5E6_1_102_o.jpeg

F492EACA-B371-42D1-8F37-B08CD1B5E91E_1_102_o.jpeg

Don't even say something such as maybe it was accidentally let go lol. I would have to imagine that one of their main locations like Fremon, CA would know better than to accidentally deliver one when they're not supposed to :p
My kisco let us go with critical documents unsigned. They had to certified mail them to us a few weeks later to get our signatures.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
You know, something just occurred to me. I always wondered why the long wait for the Model 3 refresh in the United States. It was always curious to me how an American company could take months longer to produce a much-anticipated car for the U.S. market while people in China and other parts of the world took delivery first. What if that too was just a bureaucratic EPA/NHTSA headache the whole time and once that was cleared, the M3P was assumed to be covered by whatever the solution was...

And now the reality is that the M3P has to start over as if it were a new model and go through all those hurdles, and we have to wait months just like the SR and LR "Highland" did?

Nah, couldn't be... I guess waiting breeds mental illness. Nvm.

😨
Here, take my hand so I can pull you out of the rabbit hole!

View attachment 1048933

Maybe far fetched but what part of the delay for M3P is also due to huge influx of Y deliveries 🤷‍♂️ add that and the firmware stuff could be
I dont see what this has to do with this thread at all. There is zero about cybertruck that has anything to do with model 3 Performance deliveries, and "staffing" absolutely, positively, 1000000% could not be the delay here becuase they wouldnt let people schedule deliveries then push them back.

I mean I know people like grasping at straws but this is some serious "grapsing" here.

Reactions: JezzaE and Jangy