Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should stop replying on this topic. No disrespect, but it isn't a good look. And it is disrespectful to the detailers that you call your friends. Do it if you want to. There is no need to rationalize it. Next time just say you like working on your car or something.
Sorry but it can be a bit of a scammy business! Don’t get me wrong some of these guys work hard for their money and do some amazing work especially on show cars, but there are a lot of shops that do the numbers game and take your money as quick as they can. Never said anything derogatory about them so not sure the look you got, but whatever…just wanted to let them know it’s something they can EASILY do themselves! End of discussion!!!

Sorry but it can be a bit of a scammy business! Don’t get me wrong some of these guys work hard for their money and do some amazing work especially on show cars, but there are a lot of shops that do the numbers game and take your money as quick as they can. Never said anything derogatory about them so not sure the look you got, but whatever…just wanted to let them know it’s something they can EASILY do themselves! End of discussion!!!

It definitely can, thats for sure. I put it in the same category as construction work on your house or something. Its important to be careful to pick a shop / person for this type of work, because just like construction, its possible to pay a lot for a crappy job.

I am talking about the entire category of this work, which I am counting as Window tint, Paint protection film, Ceramic coating, Accessory / Suspension installs, etc. Shop and quality of installer matters for this stuff.

It can be tricky to find someone who cares as much as you (the purchaser) does, so I definitely 100% get why many people do this type of thing themselves, if they both have the skill and the want to, to do it.

No problem with wanting to do that or advocating for it for people interested, in my book, just like I dont think there is any problem in paying someone to do it, with the appropriate precautions on finding someone.

Yup, I got a similar update about the firmware from my advisor, so my delivery is tentatively scheduled for Sunday 5/19 at 11AM PDT. Only a few more days! If it gets pushed back further, I might actually stroke out 😆
We're here for you buddy. If you stroke out, someone on the Tracker will get your car and take good care of it.

I’ve debated my exterior color choice many times. I think am I am going to miss my MYP but I can’t wait for another year for the refresh and felt silly to buy exactly the same car.
Looks like we are doing the same thing. I'm trading in my 20' Y performance white/white for a 24' 3 Performance. Except I went with Red/Black

Honest question, how is the QC on the new highland! When I bought my Model Y it was fine enough for me to take home, though their QC sucked at the time.

Probably best to either search through, or ask that question in the "highland" waiting room thread: