Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's because the car isn't available for a demo drive yet. It's only available in person as a showroom model. They invited some limited number of prominent youtubers to drive it, so they're the only ones who have published any comprehensive reviews of the car so far because of that special access.
Right but the media event was multiple days and seated maybe 50 a time? And there are maybe only 5 video reviews? I also think it's strange

Right but the media event was multiple days and seated maybe 50 a time? And there are maybe only 5 video reviews? I also think it's strange
I too commented on this several pages back, how we normally see full reviews from places like Top Gear, Hagerty, Motor Trend, etc. weeks before the public gets the new models. There seems to be some sort of "gag order" on full reviews and media who have gotten to drive one were obviously told something like "first impressions only: no testing".

There appear to be none in the wild at this point yet customer deliveries appear to be just days away. And other than some b-roll of some media people in the driver's seat, really all we are getting are round table discussions with people sitting in chairs and discussing how good this car "might be" on a track and so on... once they actually get to test them. Just weird. It's possible (probable in fact) that the testing has already been done and there's still an embargo in place so they can't release them yet but it's uncommon that's the case with customer deliveries upon us.

I too commented on this several pages back, how we normally see full reviews from places like Top Gear, Hagerty, Motor Trend, etc. weeks before the public gets the new models. There seems to be some sort of "gag order" on full reviews and media who have gotten to drive one were obviously told something like "first impressions only: no testing".

There appear to be none in the wild at this point yet customer deliveries appear to be just days away. And other than some b-roll of some media people in the driver's seat, really all we are getting are round table discussions with people sitting in chairs and discussing how good this car "might be" on a track and so on... once they actually get to test them. Just weird. It's possible (probable in fact) that the testing has already been done and there's still an embargo in place so they can't release them yet but it's uncommon that's the case with customer deliveries upon us.
I agree 100%. With VINs right around the corner for a lot of us I would’ve thought by now they would have posted more about the M3P and not just general conversation about it.

Reactions: jose3030
For me I'm waiting for Matt Watson from CarWow to do one of his comparison races with the new M3P lined up against similar cars like the new IONIQ 5N and the previous M3P for reference. Hopefully in the states with a Panasonic M3P and not in the UK with what would probably be a LG M3P.

3 races from a stop and we can compare their differences visually of how they power out from a dig, how if one got a delayed start how that car catches up if it does, how the cars each pull away from each other if they do while closer to the 1/4 mile line, or if one starts to catch up in relation to the others and all of that if they did all start the race with the same jump, or restart the race if not to see if that changes anything. And we get to ignore the .2 second rollout 'what if' in the GPS times they show cause now we can see it was all apples to apples. And then they'll line them up and do a rolling race, and then the braking test, shoot, we've all seen a ton of these videos, but to me they're very telling since we don't often get to see races like this with new cars lined up at an actual 1/4 strip with a tree and times shown. Problem at a strip is, did the car who redlighted, are they still in it the whole way? At least with the CarWow tests, if they think they jumped, they stay in it so we can still see how they run.

A media tester taking out just this car with Dragy or Racebox would certainly be more telling than what we've seen so far from them, but for me i still prefer the realworld just line them all up and go test to really see how this car has improved.

Last edited:
For me I'm waiting for Matt Watson from CarWow to do one of his comparison races with the new M3P lined up against similar cars like the new IONIQ 5N and the previous M3P for reference. Hopefully in the states with a Panasonic M3P and not in the UK with what would probably be a LG M3P.

3 races from a stop and we can compare their differences visually of how they power out from a dig, how if one got a delayed start how that car catches up if it does, how the cars each pull away from each other if they do while closer to the 1/4 mile line, or if one starts to catch up in relation to the others and all of that if they did all start the race with the same jump, or restart the race if not to see if that changes anything. And we get to ignore the .2 second rollout 'what if' in the GPS times they show cause now we can see it was all apples to apples. And then they'll line them up and do a rolling race, and then the braking test, shoot, we've all seen a ton of these videos, but to me they're very telling since we don't often get to see races like this with new cars lined up at an actual 1/4 strip with a tree and times shown. Problem at a strip is, did the car who redlighted, are they still in it the whole way? At least with the CarWow tests, if they think they jumped, they stay in it so we can still see how they run.

A media tester taking out just this car with Dragy or Racebox would certainly be more telling than what we've seen so far from them, but for me i still prefer the realworld just line them all up and go test to really see how this car has improved.
I love CarWow. That might be the channel I’m most excited to post about the new M3P.

They didn't post anything about the refresh in '21 either. Or the other refreshes that came. This group is full of conspiracy theorists. It's just a car and it's just a car company. All they've ever done is maximize the quarterly numbers.
Regardless of them not posting in the past this is a different situation. The rear motor is different resulting in more power. They’d be foolish not to take advantage of this opportunity and make content for the new M3P

how are we charging this thing? should i not let it get below 30%. any best practices?
The same way you charge any other Tesla.
never had one!

Ok. "battery care" is the single most posted about topic here on TMC, so there are probably more than 100 threads (not posts, threads) that you could read on the topic, with several 10s of thousands of posts on it.

Search TMC for posts by a poster named @AAKEE , for data around this topic. I dont want this thread to turn into battery care though, so I would encourage you to look for some of the threads on that topic, by finding threads that @AAKEE has posted on.

Reactions: jose3030 and jiren
The same way you charge any other Tesla.

Ok. "battery care" is the single most posted about topic here on TMC, so there are probably more than 100 threads (not posts, threads) that you could read on the topic, with several 10s of thousands of posts on it.

Search TMC for posts by a poster named @AAKEE , for data around this topic. I dont want this thread to turn into battery care though, so I would encourage you to look for some of the threads on that topic, by finding threads that @AAKEE has posted on.
sounds good to me. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: jjrandorin