Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I'm also in north Carolina
Tough to say. The bad news is unfortunately since you are east coast you may have missed the chance to get a VIN this quarter. So you are likely looking at a late Oct-Nov delivery. Tesla will go into maintenance starting Oct 1st for about 2 weeks during which time no cars are made. Things can change but I would prepare for a middle November delivery at this time. When was your OD?

Tough to say. The bad news is unfortunately since you are east coast you may have missed the chance to get a VIN this quarter. So you are likely looking at a late Oct-Nov delivery. Tesla will go into maintenance starting Oct 1st for about 2 weeks during which time no cars are made. Things can change but I would prepare for a middle November delivery at this time. When was your OD?
My order date was July 7th

I changed my order through my SA and they promised me no impact. I haven't seen a delay yet albeit I technically opted for FSD (hopefully there isn't a difference between the two for timelines).
Idk if it was a glitch on my order or what when it happened. I did it the first day EAP was available. Initially I had a 2 week EDD then I added EAP thru the app and it instantly shot out to a 4 week window a month later. So I panicked and removed it, also thru the app. This didn't change my EDD back so I said w.e. and called the SA. They updated it for me over the phone. Now I got 3 new order agreements during this day. The first had my OD as 4/23 when I added EAP with the app, the second had my OD as 4/23 when I removed it with the app. However when I called my SA and got the third the agreement the date had changed to 6/23. They reassured me this was nbd but now I'm 100% convinced it was, as after removing it a few weeks ago my 4th order agreement reverted back to 4/23 and I got a VIN a day later.

This was all with EAP and was all done the day it released so hopefully the glitch has been sorted. Just check your most current order agreement to make sure it still has your original order date.

Also, just asking, are you sure you don't want to do FSD as a subscription? Might be better if you decide you don't like it moving forward. Right now at 200$/month it will take 6-7.5 years to make back what FSD costs to buy outright. Thats my plan anyway. Best of luck with your car :)

Reactions: JB47394
My Model Y is stuck there now, too. I called the corporate Tesla number and they said it's part of the railyard issue they had no control over. But, in other threads people are being told their cars are getting loaded on to trucks today, so I'm optimistic that it's starting to move at least. Tesla had no info like that about my car.
I'm super, extremely happy 😁 to report I took delivery tonight! Took 112 days. 8 day delay from my first firm scheduled delivery date due to rail yard issues, that Tesla has no control over. Really not bad at all.
Car is perfect. I mean they nailed it. Body panels are all flush and consistently even on all sides. All panels, all doors. Sound system is amazing. By far the best I've ever heard. Acceleration is just pure insanity! It's definitely a next-level unique highly technological machine.
Tried out my wall charger for the first time and I tell you, it charges fast. I think it's the only way to go personally. I was pulling the max 48 amps with a 60 amp breaker at about 12 kw. About 45 miles of range per hour.
I hope everybody can take delivery in the next 10 days or so that's expecting in the northeast soon because the railroad workers seem pretty dug in they are absolutely going on strike regardless of what their national says and being in a union now and also being a former union autoworker, I can tell you this will very likely be very long and cause major interruptions from what I'm hearing and reading. Be safe and Good Luck to you all!

Attachments

• T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 85
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 59
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 63
Idk if it was a glitch on my order or what when it happened. I did it the first day EAP was available. Initially I had a 2 week EDD then I added EAP thru the app and it instantly shot out to a 4 week window a month later. So I panicked and removed it, also thru the app. This didn't change my EDD back so I said w.e. and called the SA. They updated it for me over the phone. Now I got 3 new order agreements during this day. The first had my OD as 4/23 when I added EAP with the app, the second had my OD as 4/23 when I removed it with the app. However when I called my SA and got the third the agreement the date had changed to 6/23. They reassured me this was nbd but now I'm 100% convinced it was, as after removing it a few weeks ago my 4th order agreement reverted back to 4/23 and I got a VIN a day later.

This was all with EAP and was all done the day it released so hopefully the glitch has been sorted. Just check your most current order agreement to make sure it still has your original order date.

Also, just asking, are you sure you don't want to do FSD as a subscription? Might be better if you decide you don't like it moving forward. Right now at 200$/month it will take 6-7.5 years to make back what FSD costs to buy outright. Thats my plan anyway. Best of luck with your car :)
Thanks for the details notes on this one. I think you’re right and it’s entirely possible it was a bug when EAP was first introduced.

As for subscription vs purchase, I figured I’d just add it before the price increase and I can always remove it I don’t want it. You make a good point on the subscription. I’m just weighing the long term value because who knows what FSD will look like 6-7 years from now.

Reactions: ZZ118
I wish I could edit my original post #51,212. I didn't mean to make the whole thing look like a long quote.

I created a redacted version of my MVPA "Final" Price Sheet. For those who haven't seen one, it could help explain how the figures are all added up, including down payment and financing.

2022 0907 MVPA final price sheet 0 redacted.png

Yes, the price is HIGH. I got hit by 2022 price increases. Originally I did NOT want to pay for and did not order FSD; EAP wasn't available.

Then a month or so later EAP was offered, and I added it, appreciating EAP $6,000 value versus FSD $12,000.

Most recently, the latest FSD Beta showed great improvement, and Elon announced the pending FSD price increase to $15,000. Hmmm. I pondered... if I was ever going to want FSD, and that it would be steadily improving in value, maybe I should get it before the price hike. I decided to take the plunge ($6K is better than $9K) and changed my order from $6,000 EAP to $12,000 FSD (a bitter pill), before the pending price hike to $15,000. I hate spending this much, but I think it will be worth it, at least later. More FSD price hikes are likely. And many knowledgable people argue that it will be very valuable as it matures.

This isn't sarcasm I'm genuinely wondering why someone would buy FSD rather then the subscription. Especially at FSD current price point
One big reason is to lock in the price. If Tesla can raise the fixed price, it can raise the subscription price (or alter the deal further). I assume that they will raise the price once FSD Beta is released. If they charge $200/month for the current software - which doesn't do anything useful - then what will they charge for Level 3 autonomy? That six year break even point might shorten considerably. That said, I don't put any stock in current vehicles ever being used as robotaxis. Maybe when they build with the next generation of hardware (HW4).

I bought it to help Tesla with FSD development, to try to accelerate my order (this was back when that happened), and to get a new toy to play with. I'm a software engineer, so fooling around with software that actually drives a car would be a real kick in the pants. Hopefully by year end.

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118
I'm super, extremely happy 😁 to report I took delivery tonight! Took 112 days. 8 day delay from my first firm scheduled delivery date due to rail yard issues, that Tesla has no control over. Really not bad at all.
Car is perfect. I mean they nailed it. Body panels are all flush and consistently even on all sides. All panels, all doors. Sound system is amazing. By far the best I've ever heard. Acceleration is just pure insanity! It's definitely a next-level unique highly technological machine.
Tried out my wall charger for the first time and I tell you, it charges fast. I think it's the only way to go personally. I was pulling the max 48 amps with a 60 amp breaker at about 12 kw. About 45 miles of range per hour.
I hope everybody can take delivery in the next 10 days or so that's expecting in the northeast soon because the railroad workers seem pretty dug in they are absolutely going on strike regardless of what their national says and being in a union now and also being a former union autoworker, I can tell you this will very likely be very long and cause major interruptions from what I'm hearing and reading. Be safe and Good Luck to you all!
Thanks for the info and congrats! I guess I'm only 6 days out from my originally scheduled delivery appt, so fingers crossed the cars are still coming out of the railyard even if a bit slowly. Need to beat the strike!!

Are the railyard workers just working slower (or not at all) since a strike is imminent??

Reactions: ZZ118
Mines still the same but I’m expecting it to change at the 1 week mark, which is this thurs
EDD Update --- Sept 19-Oct 3

This marks the 1st time I've gotten a 2 week window. Pretty much called it that I'd get an update today 😄

PS: my mobile connector I ordered should come today as well. What’s good day 🤙🏻

Last edited:
One big reason is to lock in the price. If Tesla can raise the fixed price, it can raise the subscription price (or alter the deal further). I assume that they will raise the price once FSD Beta is released. If they charge $200/month for the current software - which doesn't do anything useful - then what will they charge for Level 3 autonomy? That six year break even point might shorten considerably. That said, I don't put any stock in current vehicles ever being used as robotaxis. Maybe when they build with the next generation of hardware (HW4).

I bought it to help Tesla with FSD development, to try to accelerate my order (this was back when that happened), and to get a new toy to play with. I'm a software engineer, so fooling around with software that actually drives a car would be a real kick in the pants. Hopefully by year end.
That's a very fair point but I think they may have priced them selves out of people buying FSD outright now. Yeah back in the day it was more worth it but at 15k that's a steep price. That's almost 25% of the car itself