Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WARNING ON PAYMENT!!! DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR CAR UNTIL IT'S BEEN DELIVERED.

I'm walking through a horror story right now... Received VIN and app instructed me to make payment on April 29th for a May 5th(ish) delivery. So I did that, and sure enough got confirmation that the car arrived in Kansas City on May 6th, without the charging port. Was told it would be a week, waited a week, then told it would be another week, waited another week, now today I'm told they're "hoping" for the part to come June 6th! Over a month after they took my $50,000. Worse part is the money was from a Credit Union now the credit union is knocking on my door demanding to know where the title is, when i don't even have the dang car! Lesson learned, never should have allowed the payment to be processed without actually having confirmation the car was actually ready for pickup. Their APP is INCREDIBLY deceiving telling me "Make payment now to avoid delivery delays" and then as soon as payments made "oh sorry your car's not actually whole, and we really have no idea when or if the parts are coming in"
Man... I would be beyond livid over this... I hope that this works out for you soon and thanks for the warning!

Reactions: M3Kat and Teleezen
No this is fist 2 week window, This is my third EDD change. What is Sig setup??? I just got my charging port install today. I still have to setup in the app
After 5 posts, you can edit the signature at the bottom of your posts so everyone can see your details. Click on your name at the top of the page, select Preferences at the bottom of the drop down, then select Signature on the left side of the window. Makes it easier for everyone tracking information such as you see at the bottom of my post.

For Tesla financing folks, how long did it take for them to give you an offer? My CU absolutely dropped the ball the day before I'm scheduled for delivery and can't finalize my loan until after my slot. I'm just speechless.
Pretty quickly.

I received "conditional approval" almost immediately, pending proof of address (fair ask since I moved just prior to receiving my VIN). I submitted that, emailed the Finance Team to let them know, and had an offer within minutes.

The only other issue is that they gave me a pretty crap offer the first time, so I had to email again and ask them to find a better partner. That took them about 30 minutes, and then I got down to the standard, advertised rate. The gripe there is that they had to run an extra credit check; I guess there's no way to avoid it since Tesla can't force all lenders to offer the prime rate, but you'd hope they'd have enough clout to require partners to agree to some sort of "rate cap" to prevent poor initial offers and subsequent extra credit checks.

Reactions: hey kupo
Wow how did you do that? I haven’t had any contact from them as yet.
Honestly I just called to ask them how far in advance they normally reach out to setup the pickup if the EDD is 2 weeks away... ironically the person who took my call was at the Mt Kisco location, and asked if I wanted to setup my pickup right now. She said the truck should be there on Sunday the 29th. So maybe give them a call and see if you're able to schedule your pickup?

Reactions: jmaher and jpaychek
I’m trying to get to 5 posts so here’s a little more info for anyone else interested in Tesla Finance.

Appears Tesla let’s you finance 100% for everything except taxes. Once loan is approved (5 min to get email) you just log back in an accept terms.

Then app will let you make final payment (via ACH from bank) which is your taxes and any down payment. Or you can bring Cashiers check for down payment etc. to delivery.

Website was glitchy earlier so had to log into Tesla.com and navigate to car details instead of using link from app or email.

I’ve got plus 800+ credit so might impact down payment.
Tesla will finance the car, not the taxes and other fees charged (registration, battery, etc).

Honestly I just called to ask them how far in advance they normally reach out to setup the pickup if the EDD is 2 weeks away... ironically the person who took my call was at the Mt Kisco location, and asked if I wanted to setup my pickup right now. She said the truck should be there on Sunday the 29th. So maybe give them a call and see if you're able to schedule your pickup?
I guess you just got lucky. When I called and asked they said to wait for a text.