Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least your window got smaller, but unfortunately it was on the back end. I'm picking up in Cincy too. I wonder why your wait is so long? How many other people that ordered in January are still waiting?
at this point ill take it, i figured since my EDD was approaching and I didn't have a VIN yet that best case scenario would be the back end of my window. I have quit trying to figure out a method to the madness. Not out of the woods yet I guess though I had a 2 week window at end of quarter in March and still got bumped back.

Reactions: JB47394
at this point ill take it, i figured since my EDD was approaching and I didn't have a VIN yet that best case scenario would be the back end of my window. I have quit trying to figure out a method to the madness. Not out of the woods yet I guess though I had a 2 week window at end of quarter in March and still got bumped back.
I was anxious as well, but after seeing some of the changes they made to the Model 3, I was anxious that I ordered "too soon". I'm really happy about them getting rid of the lead acid battery. So to me that was worth the wait.

Reactions: drdavid27

Hope this isn’t true. Buy a car but can’t charge it at home :)
If there is a change it could be related to the supply line issues. Those of us that have already placed orders will almost certainly receive the kit since it was advertised as being included at the time of the order.

Reactions: Prime1000
If there is a change it could be related to the supply line issues. Those of us that have already placed orders will almost certainly receive the kit since it was advertised as being included at the time of the order.
I agree we should. But I’ve heard Tesla make changes and you would have to accept the changes during VIN assignment. If you don’t accept, they refund you the deposit.

I was also thinking it’s possible shortages for chargers could be a source of delay. No charger, can’t ship the car.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I agree we should. But I’ve heard Tesla make changes and you would have to accept the changes during VIN assignment. If you don’t accept, they refund you the deposit.

I was also thinking it’s possible shortages for chargers could be a source of delay. No charger, can’t ship the car.
Gimmie the car now and just ship the charger to me when it comes in.

Hope this isn’t true. Buy a car but can’t charge it at home :)
I really hope this article is just reaching. All EVs to my knowledge come with an included EVSE. To specifically exclude this should be in big bold letters in the order screen since it is a key component to the car.

But as mentioned above, we ordered with the website including this and it should be honoured if in fact Tesla is trying to screw people over again. I hope people would make a big issue about this if cars start showing up without an included EVSE and are told to just deal with it.

Reactions: Prime1000
I really hope this article is just reaching. All EVs to my knowledge come with an included EVSE. To specifically exclude this should be in big bold letters in the order screen since it is a key component to the car.

But as mentioned above, we ordered with the website including this and it should be honoured if in fact Tesla is trying to screw people over again. I hope people would make a big issue about this if cars start showing up without an included EVSE and are told to just deal with it.
The Kia EV6 does not include a charger. Early owners had no way to charge the vehicle as the chargers were not available even to purchase.
Kia EV6 first drive: 10 things I didn’t know about the big 310-mile every-person sportwagon

OK and the regular charger it comes with, that just plugs in to a regular outlet and doesn't need an adapter? Asking for when I visit my mom who won't have a special plug. Or would I need a 6-50 for that? Sorry, I'm new and confused :)
It will have the regular plug for a regular outlet which will charge pretty slow (like 3 miles of range per hour). It’s enough to add 30-40 miles overnight but if you need to charge to full from empty it will take several days.

You might want another adapter depending on what kind of 240V outlet is accessible at your moms house. Like does she have a dryer outlet that can be accessible from the garage or driveway? Most dryers in the US should be 14-30 or 10-30. 6-50 isn’t a common household outlet. You need to figure out exactly what outlet she has instead of just buying a random adapter.

So I'm seeing these comments about adapters and whatnot.... also a little confused now. I have a wall charger installed so I'm not too worried about mobile charging. Question though... do I need to buy an adapter in case I need to use 3rd party charging stations like the ones that would be at a Sam's club or EA station? Not many superchargers nearby. Thankfully my employer agreed to install 4 EV charging stations.