Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick up tomorrow. Just finished reviewing agreements and making final payment. All set to head to the sales center tomorrow.

Is there any type of 'delivery checklist' of common things to lookout for regarding build quality. I am fairly confident in myself to see major issue but a lot of folks here seem to be keyed in to smaller things to look out for.
Check this one out: teslaprep/model_3_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

Reactions: jayg and gdsoccer
No it's bc you're both in CA lol. My OD is 8/12 and the EDD is 9/12-9/22 same config. East coast is first, west coast is last in the quarter. Easy to deliver a bunch next door to Fremont ASAP by 9/30.
I wonder how many other cars from all of the manufacturers also have these issues. I think we all put our Tesla's under a microscope. For good reason. I dont think I've ever surveyed another vehicle so closely but will going forward. Genuinely curious

Does anyone know why the payment check isn't completed yet? I've completed final payment already and accepted my documents.
1630437839298.png

Does anyone know why the payment check isn't completed yet? I've completed final payment already and accepted my documents. View attachment 703715
The payment received doesn't exactly match the amount owed then they will have to go in and either correct the amount in their sytem. I had that happen when my non-Tesla loan was for more than the amount that was owed. Once they fixed the approval amount of the loan to the amount owed my payment step was completed. Their accounting systems are a little finicky and a lot of manual things have to be done. You might want to call them to ask what needs to be done... That usually kicks off the process of getting it fixed.

Reactions: jrmt23
The payment received doesn't exactly match the amount owed then they will have to go in and either correct the amount in their sytem. I had that happen when my non-Tesla loan was for more than the amount that was owed. Once they fixed the approval amount of the loan to the amount owed my payment step was completed. Their accounting systems are a little finicky and a lot of manual things have to be done. You might want to call them to ask what needs to be done... That usually kicks off the process of getting it fixed.
Interestingly enough, when I emailed them about this I got a text message from them saying "This message is to confirm that you have completed all steps required to take delivery of your Tesla."

Sooooo guess I'm in the clear then.

Had a delivery appointment for today at noon. An hour and 15 minutes before the appointment, they postponed my delivery until tomorrow the 27th "based on your car's ETA". 5 minutes ago, they postponed again until the same time on the 31st. Things are just getting ridiculous at this point. Guess I'll just stare at the green light for the next 5 days.

View attachment 701761

So here we are on the 31st, last night I got the text that my car finally arrived. As long as it doesn't "fail the inspection process" we are on for your appointment. 2 hours before today's appointment, sure as the day is long - "Your Model 3 arrived to the service center and failed the inspection process." The ETA for resolution is 9/14 - is because that's how long it is going to take to replace the bumper. Call up, and the story goes, the car was delivered late last night and was damaged while taking it off the truck. Since it happened after hours, they didn't notice until this morning. Mediocre.

1630447540935.png

• Informative
Reactions: Chemios
Elon apparently smiled on me. Called today to see if the delivery location was going to be open Monday and if my car was still scheduled to get there this Friday. The answer to both was yes. My wife volunteered to make the 700 mile round trip and drive my old Honda (which we're keeping) back, so changed everything over from carrier direct to pickup in Jacksonville on Monday afternoon.

Less than a week to go. Excited doesn't begin to cover it.