Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Keyfob coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Has anyone heard any new news on the model 3 keyfob? I also heard that a rumor that existing model 3 owners would be able to request one for free. Just thought I would see if anyone else had any additional information.

thanks!

Chris

I should absolutely get two for free. I think we can all agree that I have been at the forefront, if not the cutting edge, of pointing out why Phone-as-a-key SUCKS, and how a fob is better and needed. A lot of work went into my research and rants! Not to mention putting up with their FAIL of a phone key system since May 8th!!!

Last edited:
Only had my 3 for about seven weeks. I'd guess I'm about 60% successful with my Pixel (Android.) oddly if I open the trunk first the success rate is higher than 60%.

But it's odd, I've never had to use the card to start the car.

Perhaps odder, I'm currently traveling in Central Washington (from Seattle.) And I don't think I've been able to unlock the car once with the phone. I can't get this to make any sense. Humidity a big factor in phone as key success?

Regardless, looking forward to a fob or two as anything less than 100% really stands out as a failure.

I should absolutely get two for free. I think we can all agree that I have been at the forefront, if not the cutting edge, of pointing out why Phone-as-a-key SUCKS, and how a fob is better and needed. A lot of work went into my research and rants! Not to mention putting up with their FAIL of a phone key system since May 8th!!!
Nah. That’s not how the prioritization works.

Happy they are offering fobs for those that want/need them. My iPhone X has been 100% perfect with my Model 3 since we got the car about 6 weeks ago. Honestly I can’t wait until I can ditch my Model S’s fob. Really hoping Tesla does in fact add in phone-as-key support for S and Xs in an update as needing a fob is a real PITA to me now.

Actually I want it the other way around. My phone and my wife's (iPhoneX) has worked 100% of the time. I want the same behavior on our Model X so I can carry less stuff on my key chain. My key want is that we can differentiate my wife's mobile and mine so the profile auto adjusts seats, steering wheel etc like it does with the fob