Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pickup is scheduled for tomorrow morning

Anyone have a checklist or important things to look for when picking up the new model 3?

Thanks
Someone will likely provide a real list, but the days of shoddy craftsmanship are largely over. Mostly just check that the interior lights line up. No car is absolutely perfect and unless it’s really out of whack, I doubt you want to refuse it and start all over.

Reactions: Tezla1
Hoping this pans out to make me feel better not worse as my order date was 1/11.

My previous experience w/Tesla tells me they do whatever the hell they want. There will be some people who get their cars having ordered late in the process while some early adopters are left hanging for months. FWIW, BMW had the same chaos on the i4.
Or make you tired of waiting and move to another vehicle like the super promoted Model Y. Vehicle that you can get in all flavors, colors and combinations in my state without waiting.

There are couple of tiktoks showing all the inventory available. I wonder if the Highland made people not want the old technology. This created a subplus of inventory. Even the Hertz damage their sales, by putting a lot of inventory in low price which could have been a tax credit Model Y vehicle. (22k less 4k was a huge deal!)

Not an expert in manufacturing but what could take to reuse the battery packs of the model Y and put them in Model 3 to get the tax advantage? Seems nobody wants the Model Y anymore.

Still waiting for new VINs. Nothing in the last days, just the already the ones from last week.

I'm interested in timing for sure - really when and where folks start getting vehicles delivered.
feel free to complete --- 100% anonymous

I'm interested in timing for sure - really when and where folks start getting vehicles delivered.
feel free to complete --- 100% anonymous
I filled one out. I'll be keeping an eye on that sheet as well as this lol stressing myself out at this point w/ everything i'm watching!!

I'm living near Bay Area
Ordered: 01/13
# EDD 1: Feb 2- March 1
# EDD 2: Feb 11 - Feb 25
# EDD 3: Feb 12 - Feb 22
And still not VIN, so anybody like me or somebody living in North Cal or San Francisco get that car already?

Or make you tired of waiting and move to another vehicle like the super promoted Model Y. Vehicle that you can get in all flavors, colors and combinations in my state without waiting.

There are couple of tiktoks showing all the inventory available. I wonder if the Highland made people not want the old technology. This created a subplus of inventory. Even the Hertz damage their sales, by putting a lot of inventory in low price which could have been a tax credit Model Y vehicle. (22k less 4k was a huge deal!)

Not an expert in manufacturing but what could take to reuse the battery packs of the model Y and put them in Model 3 to get the tax advantage? Seems nobody wants the Model Y anymore.

Still waiting for new VINs. Nothing in the last days, just the already the ones from last week.
I actually considered that, especially since the Y just dropped $1,000 until Feb 29th. But then I got my delivery date and dismissed the idea of getting the Y. It would be nice to have the extra room, but I want all the latest tech and build quailty that's in the new Model 3.

I've been torn once they removed the tax credit -- but at the end of the day - I like the look of the model 3 better

tesla.png

tesla back.png

I've been torn once they removed the tax credit -- but at the end of the day - I like the look of the model 3 better

View attachment 1017790
View attachment 1017791
I need that extra 40 miles of range. I like other EV's as well but M3 and the charger network the best way to pull off road trips (w the best stereo). I almost wanted to get another car because M*sk is so annoying (and that's me being polite) but none of them could pull off what I was looking for.

My pickup is scheduled for tomorrow morning

Anyone have a checklist or important things to look for when picking up the new model 3?

Thanks
Damn, my EDD got pushed back from Feb 11 - March 10, now to Feb 26 - March 25

I'm living near Bay Area
Ordered: 01/13
# EDD 1: Feb 2- March 1
# EDD 2: Feb 11 - Feb 25
# EDD 3: Feb 12 - Feb 22
And still not VIN, so anybody like me or somebody living in North Cal or San Francisco get that car already?
Not seen anyone in the room getting delivery with OD 01/13. That includes me!