Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheels that may be in track package at some point. Match part catalog leak last year. Personally don’t like any more or less than the warp wheels but YMMV

IMG_6690.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Adam3 and cptnslo
The current Model 3 Performance has 585 HP at the battery. The Kia EV6 GT reports 585 HP through Canbus when fully optimized and that matches up with what Kia claims for the car. The current Model 3 Performance in the US reports right at 585 HP just like the Kia EV6 does.

These HP numbers are so absolutely meaningless when the car only hits that HP for a fraction of a second because it can’t shift gears to get back into the powerband like an ICE car does.

At least the new car should be able to hold max HP for a couple if not a few seconds. That alone will make a significant difference.

Average output over time is the key. Nothing else really matters imo.

Aren’t these just regular Zero G wheels with different caps?
Just a guess, but I think there's a good chance they're an updated design, with wider rear wheels and tires. The current track pack is 20" x 9" wheels with 245/35R20 tires. If they do the same upgrade with the new model, we should end up with 245/35R20 tires in the front on 9" wide wheels and 285/30R20 wheels in the back on 10.5" wheels.

Reactions: pdx_m3s
Performance trim cars are generally about more than 0-60 times.
Having 20" wheels over 19 (or even 18) don't help 0-60 one bit, quite the opposite.

I really wish there was the option to choose smaller wheels, while I like the look of them better, they aren't practical, too easy to damage and consumptions is much higher than it needs to be.

You would be able to sell the stock 20” wheels for almost $2k and I just bought a full set of wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors from T Sportline for $3,100 shipped.
Literally what I am doing. Killer deal right now on wheels when you get the Hankook ION tires - 10% off + free shipping + $120 rebate. Probably around $700 off in total.

No idea what you/I will actually get back for the stock 20” wheels, but I’m sure someone will want them.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Literally what I am doing. Killer deal right now on wheels when you get the Hankook ION tires - 10% off + free shipping + $120 rebate. Probably around $700 off in total.

No idea what you/I will actually get back for the stock 20” wheels, but I’m sure someone will want them.
Here is my efficiency setup for the new Model 3 Performance when it arrives. These are 235/35/20 Hankook iON EVO AS tires on the 20x9.0 wheels. They weighed the exact same 46.8 lbs that my 18” wheels and the same model tires weighed.

The 20” wheels are not quite as efficient as the 18” wheels at lower speeds but at high speeds the Aero caps help.

I have to lease the new car so I am basically going to store the stock wheels and tires except for when I go to the track during the summer. That way I can return the car with basically new wheels and tires when the lease ends in two years.

IMG_5169.jpeg

IMG_5290.jpeg
IMG_5350.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5164.jpeg
    IMG_5164.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5181.jpeg
    IMG_5181.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5298.jpeg
    IMG_5298.jpeg