Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I’m sure this guy knows all about what’s gunna happen lol. Y’all are hilarious on this forum 😂

IMG_6344.jpeg

Gentleman in the YT says 2.9= 1/2 a second faster than the old M3P. How is (3.1-2.9=.2) .2 seconds almost 1/2 a second faster? I'm just curious if I need to retake 2nd grade math.
If they are quoting true 0-60 times, I could see that, which means approx 2.7 with 1ft rollout. My best true 0-60 is 3.28 with a few 3.37, 3.48, 3.51.

I think that would make this new M3L live up to this new moniker IMO. And with more HP up top should be a nice upgrade.

Just simply changing to 18” wheels got me down to 2.9 seconds with rollout subtracted with a Model 3 Performance. There is no way they are going to swap to a new motor and gain that little over the previous car.
Is it motor limited to 60 or traction limited? I'm thinking more that improvement is the wider rear tyres and not really to do with the motor change, that likely helps at speeds beyond 60.

And handling benefit too
Non square widths are a detriment to handling on the well balanced model 3. Nobody that races one goes wider in the rear.

This is about making the car look more aggressive without taking too much of a range hit. It's marketing, just like the 20" wheels are. Look at all the people in the thread asking for wider tires, not actually focusing on speed.

The front easily handles a 275, and everyone that cares about handling should immediately go to 18" 275's all around.

Non square widths are a detriment to handling on the well balanced model 3. Nobody that races one goes wider in the rear.

This is about making the car look more aggressive without taking too much of a range hit. It's marketing, just like the 20" wheels are. Look at all the people in the thread asking for wider tires, not actually focusing on speed.

The front easily handles a 275, and everyone that cares about handling should immediately go to 18" 275's all around.
Yep and I’m hoping the also sell it with the 19” rims that were leaked from the parts catalog awhile back. 20” are STOOPID

Reactions: phantasms

Anyone thinking they'll want billet uprights, unfortunately 19s are necessary. The ball joint direction puts the nuts too low for an 18" wheel to clear.

But yeah, stagger size might just be about putting extra power down for a more aggressive 0-60.