Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either that or that’s where you got the idea. Either way it remains pure unsupported speculation. What if that price increase causes me to look at a Kia EV instead of a model y. Is that what Tesla intended? It would be pretty arrogant of Tesla to assume a price increase will drive people to another Tesla versus countless other options.
That article was dated today and I posted about this before today.😉

I am also one of the many that is patiently waiting for the highland "performance" to release. I was contemplating on the highland M3LR but now with the multiple price increases and even one for white interior, the hold out is stronger.
I wonder what the price increases will do to the M3P launch price?
That article was dated today and I posted about this before today.😉
I read the article. It’s an interesting theory but it’s click bait. Maybe you should have a Tesla blog too? It’s possible that we are both right.

I held off on ordering a S Plaid track pack because I want to see what the Highland M3P will be like. I prefer the visibility of the 3, and the more nimble handling of the 3, and the slightly smaller size. I also prefer that I can virtually dissapear in the 3. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, here they are referred to as "another Cupertino Camry"

Reactions: Lolo780
I held off on ordering a S Plaid track pack because I want to see what the Highland M3P will be like.
You just bought a M3P, and were already going to order a Plaid with track pack? You're seriously going to drive around on 100 treadwear tires, but you're holding out to see what the M3P is like because the handling is more nimble? Are you actally going to use it on a track, or is it just for show (while wanting to supposedly be unnoticed while wearing your watch that costs multiples of a Model 3P that you just happened to mention)?

Lots of humble bragging in all your posts that is very orthoginal to prefering to "virtually dissapear".

You're seriously going to drive around on 100 treadwear tires, but you're holding out to see what the M3P is like because the handling is more nimble? Are you actally going to use it on a track, or is it just for show (while wanting to supposedly be unnoticed)?
You can get the track pack without getting the wheels/tires. Most people do it because it's the only way to get a BBK for the car. Youtubers have managed to convince people who don't know anything about cars that the stock brakes are inadequate for the street.

Lots of humble bragging in all your posts that is very orthoginal to prefering to "virtually dissapear".

Ha, I got curious after that. Yep, someone wearing a $200k rolex and driving around a McLaren definitely wants to "virtually disappear"

Last edited:
The 5517 goes virtually un-noticed unless someone is a seasoned collector, only then do they see it, so not terribly flashy IMO, It is not shiny, does not have facets to twinkle. The 5517 is one of the most purpose built vintage watches out there. Rarely does anyone notice it. Only if you know, you know...you know?
The Batmobile, ok, flashy, peacocky, you got me there. But I've actually got a line on it's next home as I don't drive it enough to justify keeping it.
One thing I really like about the model 3 is it is very good 'when' one wants to go un-noticed. Most of the time I want to be able to be the grey man.
I've decided not to race the M3P and just this week switched back to the stock rotors because the ticking noise while turning with the MPP page mill rotors came back a little and sounded cheap.
Just this week I painted the calipers on my M3P from red to "grey man grey" so the car is even less noticeable and less memorable. I'll probably paint them a less blue / more wheel color later as the paint doesn't match the wheels enough. This color was the closest high temp paint I could get locally, the cap color was closer to the actual wheel color than the paint actually turned out. No biggie. Everything is impermanent. See pics :0)
These 18" wheels look close enough to the stock 18" wheels, so unless you are a tesla guy or gal, it basically looks like all the others driving down the road. Nothing to see here, nothing to remember here...
I know making the car 'less flashy' and look 'slower' than it is may sound weird to some of you guys, but I've always loved the sleepers :0)~

It is perfectly ok if you would never have done this.

As they say, "pics, or it didn't happen"
and
"Actions speak louder than words""

Attachments

• stealth grey front.jpg
    stealth grey front.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 19
  • stealth grey.jpg
    stealth grey.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Cheetah
Either that or that’s where you got the idea. Either way it remains pure unsupported speculation. What if that price increase causes me to look at a Kia EV instead of a model y. Is that what Tesla intended? It would be pretty arrogant of Tesla to assume a price increase will drive people to another Tesla versus countless other options.
“Either that or that’s where you got the idea.”
Is this guy for f-ing real? You sir have gone from arrogant to pompous…what’s next oh wise one?

• Disagree
Reactions: clerks
You just don’t like me because I dared to suggest teslas are not gods gift to vehicles. Even the OP didn’t react that way - he realized we were having fun with each other. How about you keep to yourself chief.
I don’t enjoy responding to you at all. I just feel the need to correct all of the misinformation you spout. I sincerely wish you would stop posting in this thread. Your posts aren’t on topic and they don’t add anything to the conversation.

Total noob here - but curious for people much more knowledgeable - is it likely that the '24 M3P will use the same battery as the '23 M3P?

I believe the '23 M3P was still eligible for the tax incentive here in the States - so if it does use the same battery, would it mean that the '24 M3P would possibly be eligible (if it comes in under the $ limit)?

Thanks!

I don’t enjoy responding to you at all. I just feel the need to correct all of the misinformation you spout. I sincerely wish you would stop posting in this thread. Your posts aren’t on topic and they don’t add anything to the conversation.
What “misinformation” pray tell. Then stop responding to me. Problem solved. Apparently you can make up theories about why Tesla raises prices but I can’t question your unsupported unsubstantiated speculation? You’re the guy quoting m3p times after ripping out your seats and interior parts and running lightweight 18 inch wheels and not conveniently disclosing those facts right? (Or do I have you mixed up with someone else?). I have every right to post here. The fanboyism is strong in you.

Total noob here - but curious for people much more knowledgeable - is it likely that the '24 M3P will use the same battery as the '23 M3P?

I believe the '23 M3P was still eligible for the tax incentive here in the States - so if it does use the same battery, would it mean that the '24 M3P would possibly be eligible (if it comes in under the $ limit)?

Thanks!
I don’t think anyone knows at this point but it’s doubtful it will come in under the limit me thinks. The current LR is $50,000 making it seem difficult to think the highland M3P will be under $55,000 at least to start.

Last edited:
You just don’t like me because I dared to suggest teslas are not gods gift to vehicles. Even the OP didn’t react that way - he realized we were having fun with each other. How about you keep to yourself chief.
Guess we know what’s next now…why don’t you buzz off to the POS Bimmer ICE chassis now a ground breaking over priced bargain EV with a lip stick on a pig interior for suckers that bow down to paying for over priced service of the BMW cult! What the heck are you doing on a Tesla forum other than to troll and massage your opinions onto the unwilling? You come on here and spout off your diluted opinions and challenge others that disagree or don’t align entirely with your own. And with your challenges you demand irrefutable proof that both you are wrong and that the other opinion is right when you provide absolutely no proof whatsoever yourself. Your shallow claims hold no value to the conversation or warrant any need for you to continue in the discussion either, so put that in your pipe and smoke it CHIEF!!!

Guess we know what’s next now…why don’t you buzz off to the POS Bimmer ICE chassis now a ground breaking over priced bargain EV with a lip stick on a pig interior for suckers that bow down to paying for over priced service of the BMW cult! What the heck are you doing on a Tesla forum other than to troll and massage your opinions onto the unwilling? You come on here and spout off your diluted opinions and challenge others that disagree or don’t align entirely with your own. And with your challenges you demand irrefutable proof that both you are wrong and that the other opinion is right when you provide absolutely no proof whatsoever yourself. Your shallow claims hold no value to the conversation or warrant any need for you to continue in the discussion either, so put that in your pipe and smoke it CHIEF!!!
Unhinged? Dear lord. There is some deep irony in your “BMW Cult” comment. Let that sink in for a minute boss.

Last edited:
Guess we know what’s next now…why don’t you buzz off to the POS Bimmer ICE chassis now a ground breaking over priced bargain EV with a lip stick on a pig interior for suckers that bow down to paying for over priced service of the BMW cult! What the heck are you doing on a Tesla forum other than to troll and massage your opinions onto the unwilling? You come on here and spout off your diluted opinions and challenge others that disagree or don’t align entirely with your own. And with your challenges you demand irrefutable proof that both you are wrong and that the other opinion is right when you provide absolutely no proof whatsoever yourself. Your shallow claims hold no value to the conversation or
Does this sound like anyone you might know?

“Building Customer Loyalty Through a Common Enemy​

One thing that helped set Apple apart from other computer brands was its ability to create an enemy in the minds of consumers. Renowned psychologist Henri Tajfel discovered that by establishing minor distinctions between two groups of people he could artificially create loyalty within the groups. Apple achieved this by targeting Microsoft as the foe, while also distinguishing Apple products as the anti-PC solution.

Tesla's enemies are vehicles with internal combustion engines and big automakers. Many EV drivers today derive an emotional attachment from driving something that isn't your typical gas-powered car. Another advantage for Tesla is the fact that it offers customers something different: new tech from a new company. This is similar to Apple of days past, which offered a different tech platform than PCs and a small user base which identified with being "different."

How about this?

“Tesla is approaching a playground that previously only Apple played in. Take a look at Apple's products. The functionality is no better than competitors' products. Yet the company has managed to brand them as status symbols. Customers are perceived as sophisticated, technological, and elitist. Purchasing an Apple product means belonging to this high-end group.“

Does this sound like anyone you might know?

“Building Customer Loyalty Through a Common Enemy​

One thing that helped set Apple apart from other computer brands was its ability to create an enemy in the minds of consumers. Renowned psychologist Henri Tajfel discovered that by establishing minor distinctions between two groups of people he could artificially create loyalty within the groups. Apple achieved this by targeting Microsoft as the foe, while also distinguishing Apple products as the anti-PC solution.

Tesla's enemies are vehicles with internal combustion engines and big automakers. Many EV drivers today derive an emotional attachment from driving something that isn't your typical gas-powered car. Another advantage for Tesla is the fact that it offers customers something different: new tech from a new company. This is similar to Apple of days past, which offered a different tech platform than PCs and a small user base which identified with being "different."

How about this?

“Tesla is approaching a playground that previously only Apple played in. Take a look at Apple's products. The functionality is no better than competitors' products. Yet the company has managed to brand them as status symbols. Customers are perceived as sophisticated, technological, and elitist. Purchasing an Apple product means belonging to this high-end group.“

So you based your opinion on someone else’s thoughts… you’ve come full circle and are doing the things you blamed others for doing! That’s rich!!! To preserve the thread topic I will no longer respond! Sorry to the other posters!

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and clerks
I'm curious and would like to ask what is the general speculation of how much of a step up in power / acceleration the '24 M3P will have vs the 23 M3P.

It is my understanding that the '24 is a few hundred pounds heavier than the '23 because of thicker glass, and substantially more sound insulation, etc. so the power increase would have to be offset that much more.

Has Tesla said anything about the power increase being substantial? As I said, I am holding off on the Plaid because I like the feel of the 3 better.

I'm curious and would like to ask what is the general speculation of how much of a step up in power / acceleration the '24 M3P will have vs the 23 M3P.

It is my understanding that the '24 is a few hundred pounds heavier than the '23 because of thicker glass, and substantially more sound insulation, etc. so the power increase would have to be offset that much more.

Has Tesla said anything about the power increase being substantial? As I said, I am holding off on the Plaid because I like the feel of the 3 better.
Just a bunch of rumors flying around that it will be “special”. No details. Everything is speculation at this point. It’s reasonable to expect it will outperform the current M3P by some margin. But it gets tricky with the model s and plaid in the mix so where Tesla draws the line on balance in its line up is the million dollar question. It’s clear they could engineer an absolute rocket ship if they wanted to.

Reactions: cptnslo and Sendit1

No one really knows much if anything at all. The knowledge we have is what we read on the web so take it with a grain of salt…the only real evidence we have is when a Tesla executive responded to the former Top Gear host James May when he purchased a revised Model 3…he replied he should get the performance when it comes out. And then there’s the Aussie Tesla executive that stated the performance will be special as they left quite a bit on the table with the last version.

I I were you I’d wait…the MSP isn’t going anywhere, wait and see what Tesla comes up with!