Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you dont mind me asking how much is the cost to install a home charger? I know it depends on various factors but approx. costs for electricians etc
I got the Wallbox Pulsar Plus with variable output up to 48A from bornedecharge.ca for $1199 including tax. I bought this one in case I or someone else needs a bigger charge. Installation cost me another $1100 because the electrical panel in the basement is diagonally across the other side of the house from the garage. Installed in the garage for security reasons. When in use, the charging cable rests between the floor and the rubber seal at the bottom of the garage door.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Goschan
I got the Wallbox Pulsar Plus with variable output up to 48A from bornedecharge.ca for $1199 including tax. I bought this one in case I or someone else needs a bigger charge. Installation cost me another $1100 because the electrical panel in the basement is diagonally across the other side of the house from the garage. Installed in the garage for security reasons. When in use, the charging cable rests between the floor and the rubber seal at the bottom of the garage door.
I have the same situation but I am wondering if the bottom of the garage door will damage the cable?

I have the same situation but I am wondering if the bottom of the garage door will damage the cable?
Sure, definitely something to keep an eye on. However, the cable is thick and tough. I suspect the door seal will wear out before the cable. I also think that it’s easier/ cheaper to replace the door seal than a damaged wall box. Not sure if anyone would vandalize an outdoor charger but I don’t want to take the chance.

Sure, definitely something to keep an eye on. However, the cable is thick and tough. I suspect the door seal will wear out before the cable. I also think that it’s easier/ cheaper to replace the door seal than a damaged wall box. Not sure if anyone would vandalize an outdoor charger but I don’t want to take the chance.
I am thinking of using this threshold and cutting a gap to pass the cable.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 9.01.58 PM.jpg

Any reason why the wall box over the Tesla connector which also does 48A?

This might be a simpler solution to avoid damaging the cable or something similar for thicker cables.