Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the insurance, I'm switching insurance providers for my home, old car, and Tesla. How do I proceed without specifying a start date for the new policies? Also, how can I avoid overlaps between old and new policies during the transition?

Do you have any advice ?
just shop around for some quotes, be ready for a huge increase in price tho, Im going from like $100 a month to $300 a month with allstate. and thats with dual car and house. Aviva only quoting me $200 so i might go with them.

But like everyone says, wait till you get a firm delivery date before you get it

It seems I got a VIN assigned super fast! I ordered my 3 in person at Tesla yesterday morning. I'm getting transfer of FSD from my 2018 model 3 so need delivery by March 31. The SA couldn't guarantee delivery and said this time they were being super strict about the March 31 deadline. Took the chance I could lose the $250 deposit and ordered. Last evening at 6 got the vision alert and VIN assigned message! Est. Delivery now set March 9-23. Maybe they have a bunch of extra cars on the second ship?
so pretty much what this is saying is even if your car is on the 2nd boat, we (as in ppl on the 1st boat) will all be getting our cars around the same time, cause most ppl have EDD of march 14-28. not much of a difference just a few days.

At least its not like months, I head EU model 3 and some US ones are getting pushed back really far out

It seems I got a VIN assigned super fast! I ordered my 3 in person at Tesla yesterday morning. I'm getting transfer of FSD from my 2018 model 3 so need delivery by March 31. The SA couldn't guarantee delivery and said this time they were being super strict about the March 31 deadline. Took the chance I could lose the $250 deposit and ordered. Last evening at 6 got the vision alert and VIN assigned message! Est. Delivery now set March 9-23. Maybe they have a bunch of extra cars on the second ship?
Ya hopefully you can get your car in time.

Reactions: Red Tornado
Looks like I’ll be getting a Shanghai build.

Edmonton, Ab.

Hype.
IMG_9928.jpeg

are you getting an American build car like you thought?....
I never thought I was getting an American car. I honestly had no idea if it was going to be from Shanghai or Fremont. Initially thought Shanghai but then all the information we were getting online & from SA's about east & west coast orders being produced from different factories shifted me to think it was going to be from Fremont. I got an LRW vin which is from Shanghai.

• Love
Reactions: Lykos
I never thought I was getting an American car. I honestly had no idea if it was going to be from Shanghai or Fremont. Initially thought Shanghai but then all the information we were getting online & from SA's about east & west coast orders being produced from different factories shifted me to think it was going to be from Fremont. I got an LRW vin which is from Shanghai.
And I think the Shanghai cars are the ones we all wanted anyway, aha.

Reactions: Saittech
I truthfully believe it doesn't matter if the car comes from Fremont or Shanghai, and I don't think others should as well. Fremont makes similar amounts of cars to Shanghai and just because they've had the cars for a couple of months longer than us doesn't mean the quality will be worse off. You generally only see the 1% of bad quality reports online from various factories compared to the millions of people who had no problems. This is at least how I see things.

Reactions: Saittech
I don't think they would have given us any Fremont made cars, since they only way the US can get their EV rebates to the US customers is by selling US made cars. they wouldnt allocate them to Canada and loose out on rebate money as its money in Tesla's pockets. We might eventually get US made ones, but probably not till the market is saturated.

I truthfully believe it doesn't matter if the car comes from Fremont or Shanghai, and I don't think others should as well. Fremont makes similar amounts of cars to Shanghai and just because they've had the cars for a couple of months longer than us doesn't mean the quality will be worse off. You generally only see the 1% of bad quality reports online from various factories compared to the millions of people who had no problems. This is at least how I see things.
I don't think it comes down to the amount made, it comes down to the workers making the cars. I've worked in the mold making industry for honda and other big car companies for a few years. with factories in NA and China, and I can say that the work ethic of the Chinese are 100x better then North America. I also think QC is more strict over seas, cause they know if they screw up they would be out of a job. Where in NA you'd probably get a slap on the hands.

About the insurance, I'm switching insurance providers for my home, old car, and Tesla. How do I proceed without specifying a start date for the new policies? Also, how can I avoid overlaps between old and new policies during the transition?

Do you have any advice ?
I switched insurance too. What I learned was that there is a fee to cancel. Luckily my renewal date was on Jan 31. So I brought my existing vehicle over to the new insurance and then when I get the Tesla I’ll switch it up. They quoted me on the old M3, Hopefully it doesn’t shift too much from that.

If you’re close to your renewal date, bring your existing car over to avoid any potential early cancellation fees.

I switched insurance too. What I learned was that there is a fee to cancel. Luckily my renewal date was on Jan 31. So I brought my existing vehicle over to the new insurance and then when I get the Tesla I’ll switch it up. They quoted me on the old M3, Hopefully it doesn’t shift too much from that.

If you’re close to your renewal date, bring your existing car over to avoid any potential early cancellation fees.
My renewal is in May so I'm good, thanks for the advice.

Reactions: khanw
More importantly...is it possible the train(s) has left the rail yard and headed east? I'm assuming we wont get this info so we'll just have to wait for the text from Tesla scheduling the delivery date. does it make sense to think the first ship has east coast orders to allow time to arrive by train and 2nd ship will have west coast orders. it would be a similar delivery window.