Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 base : price reductions in canada and reduction in battery warranty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this not being discussed more? Is this really a price reduction when they have quietly also reduced the battery warranty from 160k to 100k. Nowhere on their website have they mentioned this reduction even after paying the $250 non refundable deposit.
I am sincerely hoping they have not put substandard battery packs in these vehicles with the new lower prices. Any thoughts?

Why is this not being discussed more? Is this really a price reduction when they have quietly also reduced the battery warranty from 160k to 100k. Nowhere on their website have they mentioned this reduction even after paying the $250 non refundable deposit.
I am sincerely hoping they have not put substandard battery packs in these vehicles with the new lower prices. Any thoughts?
the new Canada warranty also refers to battery capacity retention of minimum 70% as a warranty claim limit ... always thought that used to be 80% ?

losing 20%+ capacity in just under 100k miles seems pretty extreme not to be covered...

Source? A quick search shows that the RWD battery is still covered for 8 years/160,000 km and LR/P are covered for 8 years/192,000 km.

Note that we're talking about Canada here, so the warranty refers to kilometres, not miles. Maybe OP was looking at the US website and saw 100,000 mi which is about 160,000 km, so nothing has changed.

My 2020 M3 LR has 192,000 km battery warranty as well. I don't think there has been any change.

Pretty sure the min retention rate has always been 70%, too.

Source: Vehicle Warranty | Tesla Support Canada

Last edited: