Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service Fixed Loose Rear Side Tail Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been noticing the right rear side tail light beginning to get loose a couple months ago. Car is 5 months old. No physical damage; it was just getting loose on its own. I scheduled service in the app, and seconds later I was given a date for a mobile service appointment. They actually had an internal problem the day of service, so I was rescheduled a week later.

It took less than 20 seconds for the tech to rip away the interior panels from the right rear side of my Y, with his hands. I was surprised no pry tools were required to do this. The side tail light is apparently held on with one plastic clip? He tweaked (best description I can come up with) that clip, and the light was tight again. One minute later, the panels were popped back in and the repair was complete. I was expecting to pay something. Nope. No charge. He also replaced one front suspect mud flap - one that had been held on with one of the two expander clips. BTW, there is not a specific part number for the mud flap clips.

There is a port inside the fender, just above the square amp, that offers access to the clip that retains the side tail light.

There is a lot more behind the interior panel than I had thought!

i-NFcF6Np-X3.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Tesla Mobile Service for the complimentary repairs! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: iamnid