Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Mikey Thompson Radials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the MT Street Comps but need some input on fitment (this gets complicated)

I am running TSW staggered Nuremberg rims
20.8.5 Front
20 X 10.5 Rear
I currently have Sport Comps 245/40/20 and 275/35/20

The MTs have a 275/35 but only a 245/45

The Sport Comps 245/40 are 25.72" tall where as the MT 245/45 are 26.68" tall, will they fit the front?

If the front does fit MT has a 275/40 for the rear will these fit?

Last edited:
What you need is a good tyre claculator, B.

I tend to use this one. There are several others, but this one is simple and efficient.

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

As far as I know you NEED 245/40-20 in front, as nothing else will fit. Except for 255/40-20 that may rub a little with some cars and not so much with other S'es.

If the ET value of the rear wheels is low enough (< 35), you can go for 275/40-20 or 285/35-20. Given the 10.5" width of those rims, the 285's seem the best fitment.

If Micky Thompson's run wide, like Hoosiers, you'll be inviting some rubbing. Competition tires are running wider, at each width spec in my experience. Drag radials may be different.

If you can find the MT revolutions per mile spec, that would be the best "go by" to tell how much you're flirting with stability control. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to go much more than 3% from the 245/40/20 diameter, front to back. That's because I don't think anyone knows how much you can mess with diameter differences, before Tesla's uber-aggressive TC system acts up.