Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 in 265/40/21 front and 295/35/21 rear after seeing @MJP.P3D- and a few others post this size works well for extra curb protection (and because I couldn't find the 285/40/21s anywhere in N. America). I've had a hell of a time finding the Michelins in any size that fits the 21" Ubers.

I believe @Canyonero is fitting the DWS06+ in 265/40/21 front and 295/40/21 rear. We're all anxious to confirm that rear size fits since I don't think we've seen it confirmed by anyone yet.

If I was starting my search today, I'd order the Contis.
I decided to order the Contis in 265/40R21 and 295/35R21. There was good confirmation that those sizes worked and I could get them reasonably soon from discount tire. The question is: do I trust them to install the tires?

Reactions: mmatlock
I decided to order the Contis in 265/40R21 and 295/35R21. There was good confirmation that those sizes worked and I could get them reasonably soon from discount tire. The question is: do I trust them to install the tires?
I've had nothing but praise from Discount Tire with regards to mounting tires... They are the only ones that put rubber cushions on their machines when mounting tires to my 2 piece forged reverse mount wheels on my Infiniti.. They were also the only place that always used 2 hands to carefully place the wheels on the machine. Places like Les Schwab, I've always seen them swing the tire with one hand.. On my Jeep, they missed the spindle, and put a deep gouge on the wheels. At another Les Schwab, I watched as they were THROWING the sockets to each other to share them... One guy missed, and it hit the front fender of my car. Costco.... I asked them to hand tighten the lugs to spec with a torque wrench... Those clowns forgot to do that, so when I checked the lugs in the parking lot, the lugs were only finger tight... Some of them were actually still loose. Suffice it to say, I exclusively give all my business to Discount Tire now...

Heck, a while back, I had already given up on putting TPMS in my custom forged wheels, as I knew they were incompatible with it when I bought it... But one day while getting new tires, I was chatting with one of the guys there, and they said knew a way to get them to work... And lo and behold it worked... I bought aftermarket TPMS that were compatible with my car, and they removed the stems from it, and strapped it into the drop channel of my wheels... Everything worked. I didn't even ask them to do it, it was their idea when we were just chatting...

When I brought my Y to Discount Tire to patch a flat tire, they had their own pucks to use on my car to lift it...

I got the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 in 265/40/21 front and 295/35/21 rear after seeing @MJP.P3D- and a few others post this size works well for extra curb protection (and because I couldn't find the 285/40/21s anywhere in N. America). I've had a hell of a time finding the Michelins in any size that fits the 21" Ubers.

I believe @Canyonero is fitting the DWS06+ in 265/40/21 front and 295/40/21 rear. We're all anxious to confirm that rear size fits since I don't think we've seen it confirmed by anyone yet.

If I was starting my search today, I'd order the Contis.
I'm getting these mounted as we speak, Will report back with my experience as well.

Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back

I'm getting these mounted as we speak, Will report back with my experience as well.

Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back
Drove around them for about 30 mins and it feels pretty smooth, no rubbing. Real test is the highway or a commute into work. Here are some before and after shots.

Before

1638383717734.jpeg

After
1638383738867.jpeg

Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back

Drove around them for about 30 mins and it feels pretty smooth, no rubbing. Real test is the highway or a commute into work. Here are some before and after shots.

Before

View attachment 739443

After
View attachment 739445
Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back
Wow, the new tires look waaaay better. Makes the original sized tires almost look silly on the car, haha.

Reactions: SweetLou126
Reactions: SweetLou126
Going to be taking delivery next month. Going to put the MPP luxury coilovers. I’m torn if I should do the same with the pilot 4s on the Ubers or just spring for some 19s and the 4s. This will be a family car so comfort would be great. Would the difference between the 19s and the 21s be worth the investment coupled with the coilovers?

Looks sharp. Same 15% on front and back doors? Did you do the windshield and/or top?
I only did the front 2. The back are still stock. 15% was the closest match i believe. I didnt do windshield yet, still debating it. The guy who did the tints recommended 70% for the windshield. I didnt the the top because its winter, so heat from the sun isnt going to be an issue yet. I want to see how bad it actually gets in NJ. Second reason is that its already a little tinted and my 2 yr old loves looking up at the sky lol.

I didnt the the top because its winter, so heat from the sun isnt going to be an issue yet. I want to see how bad it actually gets in NJ. Second reason is that its already a little tinted and my 2 yr old loves looking up at the sky lol.
My kids love looking at the sky too... The other day, the wife took the Y on a business trip, so I drove the red sport to pickup the kids from school. My youngest (5yo) started balling in the car. I asked her what was wrong, and she said she couldn't see the sky, lol. I tried opening the moon-roof, but she complained it was too small, lol.

My kids love looking at the sky too... The other day, the wife took the Y on a business trip, so I drove the red sport to pickup the kids from school. My youngest (5yo) started balling in the car. I asked her what was wrong, and she said she couldn't see the sky, lol. I tried opening the moon-roof, but she complained it was too small, lol.
Kids are so funny.

I just ordered Michelin Pilot A/S 4s for my MYP (which I don't have a VIN for yet...) at 265/40/21 and 295/40/21 from Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire respectively. I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the backs at 295/40 but there was literally nothing else out there so why not. My concern is that the backs might rub with a heavy load in the trunk as others have hinted at. My other driver is a truck so I'm not really going to be doing too much heavy loading on the MYP, and the extra rubber should help against the garbage Seattle streets.