Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes Debuts EQC Electric Crossover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes-Benz debuted its EQC electric crossover Tuesday in Stockholm.

Daimler AG Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche told reporters at the event that the company has spent more than $12 billion on its electric car push.

“There is no alternative to betting on electric cars, and we’re going all in,” Zetsche said, according to Bloomberg. “It is starting right now.”

upload_2018-9-4_11-40-33-png.331864

The EQC has nice sporty lines, definitely a familiar small Mercedes-Benz SUV look. It’s planned to reach its first customers next year, and pricing is expected to be in the same ballpark as the gas-powered Mercedes GLC and Tesla’s $49,000 Model 3.

Mercedes EQC Specs:

402 horsepower and 564 lb-ft from a pair of asynchronous motors and an 80 kWh li-ion battery

Range: up to 200 miles

187.4″ (L) x 82.5″ (W-including mirrors) x 63.9″ H; 113.1″ wheelbase

Curb weight: N/A

MPGe: N/A

DC fast-charging time, 110 kW, 10-80 percent: 40 minutes (wall-charging time: N/A)

0-60 mph: 4.9 seconds

The car is part of a growing list of challengers to Tesla, including the Porsche Taycan, Audi E-tron and Jaguar I-Pace. Read more about Tesla’s EV competition in 2019 here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a Porsche Panamera at the Tucson Supercharger (the ONLY Supercharger in the area- not a destination charger), and it was charging just fine.
I see Musk's AI company solving this. At a Tesla T-100 supercharger camera: Eye spy with my little eye a non-Tesla pirate, activate post charge emoliation mode.

Lol its not the same range. Mercedes is still using NEDC numbers even though they know they shouldn't. Look for EPA numbers to be in the 200-210 range.
We don't know WLPT range yet, but even Audi E-Tron has a better range than Model X SR for cheaper price.
Getting tougher to sell Model X in Europe for sure with the EQC out.

Model X: 85,300€ - 375km WLTP range
Audi E-Tron: 82,350€ - 417km WLTP tange
Mercedes EQC: 71,281€ - 445km range (no official WLTP range yet)

Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt1.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenann22t.JPG

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: CSFTN
We don't know WLPT range yet, but even Audi E-Tron has a better range than Model X SR for cheaper price.
Getting tougher to sell Model X in Europe for sure with the EQC out.

Model X: 85,300€ - 375km WLTP range
Audi E-Tron: 82,350€ - 417km WLTP tange
Mercedes EQC: 71,281€ - 445km range (no official WLTP range yet)

View attachment 404972 View attachment 404973 View attachment 404974View attachment 404975

Again I'm talking about EPA range. I don't care about WLTP or NEDC range because EPA has proven time and again to be the most accurate to real life driving. Etron is rated at 204 miles. It does not have comparable range to the SR X which has 250 miles.

Last edited:
Again I'm talking about EPA range. I don't care about WLTP or NEDC range because EPA has proven time and again to be the most accurate to real life driving
I was wondering about that. Is there a study or something that evaluates the accuracy of the EPA vs. the WLTP cycle compared to various real-life driving scenarios? In any case, I think the most relevant number for EV drivers isn't so much a mixed driving cycle (which is what both use) but the range that can be achieved at highway speeds.

Again I'm talking about EPA range. I don't care about WLTP or NEDC range because EPA has proven time and again to be the most accurate to real life driving. Etron is rated at 204 miles. It does not have comparable range to the SR X which has 250 miles.

Looks like real world range of Model X 100D is around 233 miles according to Electric cars real world range REVEALED: How far can the latest EVS really go on a charge?

233 miles = 374,98km which is exactly the WLTP range which Tesla advertises in Europe.
Don't know why WLPT is lower and appears to be more accurate (375km / 233 miles) vs. EPA (250 miles / 402km) on Model X. Probably optimized for EPA test cycle.

For EPA range: There is no EPA range in Europe, we use WLTP. Accurate or not, this is what customers see. And most customers don't check the forums and whatnot.

Last edited:
I was wondering about that. Is there a study or something that evaluates the accuracy of the EPA vs. the WLTP cycle compared to various real-life driving scenarios? In any case, I think the most relevant number for EV drivers isn't so much a mixed driving cycle (which is what both use) but the range that can be achieved at highway speeds.

WLPT has an over reliance on city driving verses highway driving. EPA is a more even split

Looks like real world range of Model X 100D is around 233 miles according to Electric cars real world range REVEALED: How far can the latest EVS really go on a charge?

233 miles = 374,98km which is exactly the WLTP range which Tesla advertises in Europe.
Don't know why WLPT is lower and appears to be more accurate (375km / 233 miles) vs. EPA (250 miles / 402km) on Model X. Probably optimized for EPA test cycle.

For EPA range: There is no EPA range in Europe, we use WLTP. Accurate or not, this is what customers see. And most customers don't check the forums and whatnot.

Lol this is trolling at its finest. No point in responding. Once again, I'll gladly come back to this thread when Mercedes gets rated on the EPA scale. Going from the history of euro automakers so far, they'll wait until the very last second before US release to submit their vehicle for EPA testing...........cough........Audi.......cough

Reactions: CarlK and PrGrPa
WLPT has an over reliance on city driving verses highway driving. EPA is a more even split
Then it makes sense why EPA vs WLTP rating of E-Tron is 328km (EPA) vs 417km (WLTP) and Model X is 402km (EPA) vs 375km (WLTP).

Crazy amount of recouperation (250kW) of the E-Tron benefits city driving, whereas better drag efficiency and lower weight of Model X benefits highway driving.

So the point of that photo montage was to show us how festooned with buttons this bloated landship is? Seems fairly typical of German cars these days - lots of bling / fluff / knobs / chrome etc. I guess if people want those things for a bit of conspicuous consumption then Daimler will happily take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.

When are these things arriving? 10,000 units in 2021? And what’s with “recuperation” - I think the root word missing there is generation, as in regeneration.

Reactions: CarlK
Tbh I'm not impressed with the interior quality when compared to model x, I found e-tron interior quality and ambiance to be the best when compared to this and the i-pace. I found the new MBE to be disappointing when compared to the X5 and range rover/cayenne.

Elon has always encouraged and welcomed competition & I think where Tesla can improve is noise reduction and ride smoothness and isolation, reviews have unanimously praised the eqc in this regard and I read that it's quieter than the e-tron and the s class which was highlighted in the SlashGear YouTube video on noise proofing the eqc.

I hope Tesla makes a point to address this and move up to the head of the pack, the goalposts have been moved up on this regard.