Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Medicare for all - fixing US healthcare

I don't want to get sick or die, lets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to the V A they charge my Medicare They take out 132 dollars a month out of my SSD to pay for my medicare

The VA is another animal altogether.

When I was in training, there was an enormous variation in the quality of VA care from site to site. Some of our places had '00' doctors, that had to shake off the DTs on the way to work. Hopefully they've fixed those issues. But it seems that VA's are chronically understaffed, and 60% of the staff does 99% of the work while the other 40% slouch.

As a model for government healthcare, the VA is not a great example to point to.

we should also deregulate medicine, as a citizen, I should be allowed to call myself Doctor and practice the full range of services from Botox to open heart surgery to providing samurai circumcisions (patent pending)..

So go ahead and leave.

Now back to the discussion. First one other thing our current system does is hold down wages. 1. Instead of companies raising wages they pay more in for profit health insurance. 2. Because of the decision of taking a new position involves a complex and potentially costly change to health insurance people stay in positions for healthcare. This is in addition to people that are simply working to keep health insurance.

Also here is a good video from just this past week

Here is a recent, rational, well thought out and articulated discussion on the free things (including healthcare) that was moderated by CNN.

“Anderson Cooper: Do you have a price tag for all of these things?
Bernie Sanders: No, I don't...
Cooper: But you say you don't know what the total price is, but you know how it's gonna be paid for. How do you know it's gonna be paid for if you don't know how much the price is?”

Here is a recent, rational, well thought out and articulated discussion on the free things (including healthcare) that was moderated by CNN.

“Anderson Cooper: Do you have a price tag for all of these things?
Bernie Sanders: No, I don't...
Cooper: But you say you don't know what the total price is, but you know how it's gonna be paid for. How do you know it's gonna be paid for if you don't know how much the price is?”

We are already paying 18% of GDP for healthcare in the USA, we rank #1 there.

We rank #50 in the quality of that healthcare.

Both parties have a huge opportunity to both save all of us money, and improve our health.

Who has the cajones to challenge the pharma and hospital lobbies to fix this? That’s the solution.

We are ALREADY paying for it. You apparently haven’t figured that out.

We are already paying 18% of GDP for healthcare in the USA, we rank #1 there.

We rank #50 in the quality of that healthcare.

Both parties have a huge opportunity to both save all of us money, and improve our health.

Who has the cajones to challenge the pharma and hospital lobbies to fix this? That’s the solution.

We are ALREADY paying for it. You apparently haven’t figured that out.

I am paying for my healthcare and I do know it (what an asinine comment). What you haven't figured out yet is:
1. I don't want to pay for YOUR healthcare (so stop trying to convince me to do so), and
2. Free doesn't mean Free

It amazes me how proficient those with money are at not seeing past their own wallet. So entitled. Like Bill Gates' character on The Simpsons, "I didn't get rich writing a lot of checks", doesn't matter that he is stealing Homer's idea and beating him up.

Reactions: house9
Even if it ends up costing you less?

Cost me less, like Obamacare promised? Your delusional if you think costs will go down. Medical costs were predicted by the Dems to go down under Obamacare. Instead, cost and deductibles went up. How long will you continue to make up savings and ignore facts?

Overwhelming Evidence That Obamacare Caused Premiums To Increase Substantially
Overwhelming Evidence That Obamacare Caused Premiums To Increase Substantially

Nine Lies of Obamacare
You can keep your Dr
You can keep your plan
Premiums would decrease
Premiums would drop $1,500 on average
Deductibles would go down
Website would work
Website was secure
Co-Ops are wonderful (19 went bankrupt and 4 are left)
Mandate is not a tax (then later Democrats said it is a tax)

Reactions: Leeclanual
Stage 4 TDS

225E1902-A6A0-47D5-8DF7-7D33FB8F55EA.jpeg

Reactions: EV-Tiger
i just received my quarterly Part B EOB from Medicare. Guess what? The return address is from Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of Noridian Mutual Insurance Company.

Noridian - Home

So, the feds delegate the clerical and administrative functions of Medicare to an insurance company. A claims processing company that in all likelihood is paid on the piece method to process claims.

There is no way that the government could run a Medicare-for-all program by itself. Any and all routine, repetitive, and ordinary tasks will be outsourced to other companies, those same companies that already have the infrastructure in place to perform these mundane duties. So, the administrative and overhead costs will remain about the same.

i just received my quarterly Part B EOB from Medicare. Guess what? The return address is from Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of Noridian Mutual Insurance Company.

Noridian - Home

So, the feds delegate the clerical and administrative functions of Medicare to an insurance company. A claims processing company that in all likelihood is paid on the piece method to process claims.

There is no way that the government could run a Medicare-for-all program by itself. Any and all routine, repetitive, and ordinary tasks will be outsourced to other companies, those same companies that already have the infrastructure in place to perform these mundane duties. So, the administrative and overhead costs will remain about the same.

Not really, higher cost is a result of varying rules. Imagine a CPA firm doing taxes for a firm in a "no state tax" vs a firm in a "state tax" location... which company pays higher admin (CPA) cost?

Not really, higher cost is a result of varying rules. Imagine a CPA firm doing taxes for a firm in a "no state tax" vs a firm in a "state tax" location... which company pays higher admin (CPA) cost?

Your statement is ambiguous. I would charge the same to prepare the taxes for a Nevada company or resident or California company or resident if everything else were equal. My fixed costs and administrative overhead would not change. Or maybe I am missing something?

Your statement is ambiguous. I would charge the same to prepare the taxes for a Nevada company or resident or California company or resident if everything else were equal. My fixed costs and administrative overhead would not change. Or maybe I am missing something?

Are you really a CPA or do you just play one on this forum?!? You should already know that CA would have the additional complexity of having to file a CA tax return. Another example... check the price of Turbo tax (or equivalent) cost for NV vs CA... CA is higher, correct?