Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media and the price of Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the stock dropping like a rock as of late I can only imagine how heavy the media influence is. What is funny to me is they keep reporting it as a $132k vehicle (which it is for Signature owners). In my opinion Tesla REALLY needs to announce "base" model pricing. (I say base with quotations because even Tesla's base model is nicely equipped). Now let us not forget about the $25k tax credit for business use... Bringing down a base Model X to a quite reasonable and even great price! Nobody seems to be factoring in how well Model X should sell in the Chinese markets... Chinese customers like to be driven around (likely the reason for rear executive seating in the MS while it was offered). Factor in the comforts of being driven around and a HEPA filter, and I believe this vehicle will sell VERY well in the Chinese market. Finally, the last reason I believe the stock is not doing well is because people don't see the big picture. Many people I spoke to thought this release was supposed to be the "cheap mass market car", so they are severely thrown off by Tesla's current action of releasing Model X. Now if only the media and analyst could see what we see.

The stock dropping is a great opportunity to get in for more shares. I'm waiting for it to fall a bit more and then I'll take a stake. Tesla is doing awesome things but it's still spending way more money than it makes. I understand why Wall Street is bearish on it in the near-term.

Indeed - great buying opportunity! And as for demand for the Model X? Well, try to price a Porsche Cayenne (that's comparable to the Model X) and see how cheap the Model X is.

Why the Cayenne? Well, that's the car that made Porsche go from 19k cars / year to +100k cars a year. I really don't get this worry about price for the Model X - we are NOT talking about a Toyota Camry competitor priced at an outrageous price here!