Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That happened to me a couple of nights ago (granted, in the middle of the night -- funny the things you'll try when you can't sleep). I managed to get some screen shots and capture my referral code. However, by the next day, it was back to "there are no vehicles". Just another anti-climactic glitch.

EDIT: of course, I just checked it again, and while it's a little stubborn (hangs a bit), it eventually came up with the video list and loot box link again.

Anyone else here feeling forgotten about? I've been reading too many threads about AWD orders being delivered - and since I ordered in May (May 23rd to be exact) and I've heard nothing, I'm starting to feel forgotten. The crazy thing is that my original estimate was Mid-August through Mid-September (so they could still deliver in that window). As far as I know, I was one of the first bunch to order AWD...yet people with AWD orders are getting delivered, contacted, and scheduling deliveries. Maybe I'm just lacking patience right now...maybe it's just me?

Anyone else here feeling forgotten about? I've been reading too many threads about AWD orders being delivered - and since I ordered in May (May 23rd to be exact) and I've heard nothing, I'm starting to feel forgotten. The crazy thing is that my original estimate was Mid-August through Mid-September (so they could still deliver in that window). As far as I know, I was one of the first bunch to order AWD...yet people with AWD orders are getting delivered, contacted, and scheduling deliveries. Maybe I'm just lacking patience right now...maybe it's just me?

Don't worry, they are making them in batched order and delivering to places where they go to the next person in line. You just have the bad luck of either picking a version that isn't currently being built, or one that there is a line in front of you to get.

...or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Seems like standard black Aero AWD orders have been getting filled recently, so now I just have to think I'm back further in the line right now...

I hope. As I check ten times a day. Meanwhile, my muffler detached on my trade in car today... Sigh...

• Love
Reactions: SvecTech
HEY ALL! Every now and then I try to log into the Tesla app for fun (don't judge ;P) and it says "There are no vehicles linked to this account." *Eye roll*.

BUT TODAY IS DIFFERENT! I was able to log in! Now it's showing me video clips about the Model 3 and my Loot box with my referral code! Does this happen to a bunch of other people? If not, this might be a way to find out if there is a vin attached to your account. If yes, then I can go back to my fetal position.
I noticed this today too, and came here to see if others were noticing the same thing. I can log into the app, and get my referral code. Still not seeing a VIN and haven't heard anything from anyone. I really want it to be a sign that things are happening, but I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Reactions: SvecTech
I noticed this today too, and came here to see if others were noticing the same thing. I can log into the app, and get my referral code. Still not seeing a VIN and haven't heard anything from anyone. I really want it to be a sign that things are happening, but I've learned not to get my hopes up.
Same thing here. Waiting on a blue P3D+ with white interior. They seem in no hurry to make these things in spite of the _high profit margin_. I am not sure the app changes mean anything except that they have my e-mail and password correct.

Reactions: preilly44

I ordered a fully loaded (except white) P+ on 5/20 at 7pm in the very first batch of invites of P/AWD. I really feel forgotten!

I ordered a fully loaded (except white) P+ on 5/20 at 7pm in the very first batch of invites of P/AWD. I really feel forgotten!
I should not feel so bad because I ordered the same thing (exterior Red) a day later on May 21 at 0330 Eastern. With >10,000 AWD VIN taken in the last two days it probably will be soon for us. Of course that is very, very wishful thinking.

Wow hoping they will start making these in OBM with the new VINs.

Yesterday I test drove the performance model, now the wait is even more painful. Funny incident, while driving I asked the Tesla rep if he could check my order status in his system and see if there's any updates, he said he sure can do. Once we got back to the delivery center, he asked me to login to my Tesla account on one of their Mac desktops. I thought ok maybe this has a special access token with additional details. I logged in, the familiar page which we all refresh a million times everyday loaded. The rep then points me to the RN number n says " oh you don't have a VIN yet, this is where it will show up" .... To be frank I was pissed. How would I not know about this page? Teslas are ordered online on this very same page!!! I politely told him I look at this every day and walked away.

May 20th order here, 80 days n counting... still waiting to hear from Tesla ... :(

• Helpful
Reactions: tommyboy21
I’ll add my info for those still waiting. I had also thought I was one of the forgotten ones until yesterday.

5/31 AWD order. Loan application page showed up last Thursday evening, received loan approval next morning (Friday), call from my DS Friday afternoon with delivery date August 20. DS supplied vin in email. Website still shows my reservation number.

Vin 68XXX

MSM, Sport 19’s, Black interior, enhanced autopilot, full self-driving.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

I’ll add my info for those still waiting. I had also thought I was one of the forgotten ones until yesterday.

5/31 AWD order. Loan application page showed up last Thursday evening, received loan approval next morning (Friday), call from my DS Friday afternoon with delivery date August 20. DS supplied vin in email. Website still shows my reservation number.

Vin 68XXX

MSM, Sport 19’s, Black interior, enhanced autopilot, full self-driving.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

Sounds like you are doing financing through Tesla then? I'm doing outside financing and I'm wondering if that's what is slowing up the process - like on Tesla's side. Also, I'm thinking location has a lot to do with it? Where are you roughly located?

Sounds like you are doing financing through Tesla then? I'm doing outside financing and I'm wondering if that's what is slowing up the process - like on Tesla's side. Also, I'm thinking location has a lot to do with it? Where are you roughly located?

Yes financing through Tesla. I opted for convenience verses saving a point or two on interest rate. I got 3.60% for 72 months. I’m located in the Chicagoland area.

• Helpful
Reactions: tommyboy21
HEY ALL! Every now and then I try to log into the Tesla app for fun (don't judge ;P) and it says "There are no vehicles linked to this account." *Eye roll*.

BUT TODAY IS DIFFERENT! I was able to log in! Now it's showing me video clips about the Model 3 and my Loot box with my referral code! Does this happen to a bunch of other people? If not, this might be a way to find out if there is a vin attached to your account. If yes, then I can go back to my fetal position.

Go back to your fetal position! I kid, but it's been working for quite a few people without VINs.
Monday is here. Hopefully we will hear something?? Wishful thinking, I know....

I completely empathize with the forgotten-about feeling, because that's exactly how I felt until my number came up Sunday morning (of all days!), and my Edit Design link finally disappeared and I was asked to confirm my delivery details, nearly 11 weeks after placing my order and being given the same "12-16 weeks" delivery estimate that we all received back in May.

As some of my posts upthread (and in other AWD delivery threads) reflected, I was growing increasingly worried that my order had somehow become "lost" (or perhaps even "ignored" by a lazy ISA), and frustrated to see others with later reservation/order dates with similar configurations move forward in the process. While I won't pretend to understand the precise methods driving this madness, what I will say is this: waiting this long completely sucks, and Tesla sure as heck could be more forthcoming and transparent... but don't let those imperfections in the process own you. Your turn will come up, perhaps when you least expect it. And when it does, all of the worry and frustration that you carried for weeks melt away into irrelevance.

(Then you get to start waiting again. :) )

Summary / timeline:

Blue + sport wheels + black interior + EAP
Boston area, taking deilvery in Dedham, MA
Third-party financing, no trade-in

3/31/2016 - reserved at 11:30am at the Natick, MA store
4/6/2018 - invited to configure First Production. Deferred for AWD.
5/23/2018 - invited to configure AWD. Configured immediately.
*** 11 weeks of crickets; stuck on the "delivery checklist" page with no movement ***
8/5/2018 - Edit Design link disappeared sometime between 9am and 12pm EDT. Prompted to enter loan details, did so immediately. Advanced to new "confirmation" page, confirmed all delivery details.

Now waiting for ISA contact. No VIN visible anywhere yet.

Again, I'm not a Google Sheets expert, but I made this, and it should auto-update, and it should work until @Troy changes his columns again. (Remember, none of this works if people don't participate in his spreadsheet.)

pubchart

(If you want to embed it yourself, or put it on your desktop via Rainmeter, or..., it's at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xEle-BHIJ/pubchart?oid=911240251&format=image. Until it isn't.)

Last edited: