Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Matrix LED Headlights Retrofit Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have toolbox, but don’t currently have access to a pre refresh car. From what I can see digging through the JavaScript, the headlamp configuration is editable, but there’s no global headlamp config for the headlamp parameter on pre-refresh cars.
This confirms some suspicions about the Refresh S/X being closer to the other Gen2 cars than the previous versions. While the Intel MCU 3/Y might have it, that doesn’t mean the earlier S/X cars do too. Different dev branches, and config options. The 2021+ S/X are big Model 3/Y variants from the code perspective.

I do have toolbox, but don’t currently have access to a pre refresh car. From what I can see digging through the JavaScript, the headlamp configuration is editable, but there’s no global headlamp config for the headlamp parameter on pre-refresh cars.
I have a pre 2021 refresh car. idk if you can remote in to my laptop and poke around but i'd be willing to be a guinea pig

I am not sure if this has been answered already but Please can you tell us Are there any step-by-step instructions here that we can follow to accomplish the configuration changes with this subscription of the toolbox?

Aha, Thank you so much for that info :)

So Sounds like

1) we get the cable from Ebay or some site so we can connect to the vehicle with the laptop running chrome browser.

2) Get the Matrix Headlight USED Or New (For My Case Model S/X) Refresh

3) Question - Do we need any special adapter or make one or are they pretty much Just Plugs and mounts the same way ? For the 2021+ Refresh.. Headlights

4) Get the Subscription for Say Just a Day and cancel..for $165 for the toolbox 3

1714106393839.png

5) Follow instructions the one you provided after connecting the cable to laptop with chrome browser with the right cable.
2. click Service Shell from left pane
3. enter command gw-diag SET_CONFIG_DATA 00 28 2
4. enter command reboot-gateway
5. from vehicle, enter service mode and press Reinstall Firmware button

And that should be it .. Correct for Model S/X refresh ? Am I missing anything sorry the reason I am asking this want to make sure If I end up trying this I have everything I need..

Aha, Thank you so much for that info :)

So Sounds like

1) we get the cable from Ebay or some site so we can connect to the vehicle with the laptop running chrome browser.

2) Get the Matrix Headlight USED Or New (For My Case Model S/X) Refresh

3) Question - Do we need any special adapter or make one or are they pretty much Just Plugs and mounts the same way ? For the 2021+ Refresh.. Headlights

4) Get the Subscription for Say Just a Day and cancel..for $165 for the toolbox 3

View attachment 1041847
5) Follow instructions the one you provided after connecting the cable to laptop with chrome browser with the right cable.
2. click Service Shell from left pane
3. enter command gw-diag SET_CONFIG_DATA 00 28 2
4. enter command reboot-gateway
5. from vehicle, enter service mode and press Reinstall Firmware button

And that should be it .. Correct for Model S/X refresh ? Am I missing anything sorry the reason I am asking this want to make sure If I end up trying this I have everything I need..
3) You will need a harness adapter for the headlights. Link below.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
3) You will need a harness adapter for the headlights. Link below.

Sweet, Thank you very much for the link I just bought the adapters for Both S and X from the link I see they have some sort of tool also to buy if I don't have the gigabit port.. But it seems like sold out at the moment..

Sweet, Thank you very much for the link I just bought the adapters for Both S and X from the link I see they have some sort of tool also to buy if I don't have the gigabit port.. But it seems like sold out at the moment..
Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress.

Since you’re already changing the gateway settings, will you be upgrading the tail lights too?

Reactions: 127.0.0.0