Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have issues with your main li-ion battery and your vehicle is out of warranty, you can request a low cost Tesla repair option. In addition, these third-party companies can help with main battery repairs, in the $5,000 range:

www.057tech.com (Offers a main battery warranty)

www.recell-ev.com

You can also consider working with Tesla to get a new main battery pack.

If you are not close to one of the company service centers listed above, you may be able to arrange for transport of your vehicle as part of the repair using their recommended transport company.

Tesla is constantly improving and I know one of their goals is to make the li-ion battery as well as the rest of each vehicle even more reliable. But considering that, sometimes failures might happen. Hopefully this information will help you to get your Tesla back on the road quickly.

Moderators, can we have this thread as a sticky one? Thanks!

If you have issues with your main li-ion battery and your vehicle is out of warranty, you can request a low cost Tesla repair option. In addition, these third-party companies can help with main battery repairs, in the $5,000 range:

www.057tech.com (Offers a main battery warranty)

www.recell-ev.com

You can also consider working with Tesla to get a new main battery pack.

If you are not close to one of the company service centers listed above, you may be able to arrange for transport of your vehicle as part of the repair using their recommended transport company.

Tesla is constantly improving and I know one of their goals is to make the li-ion battery as well as the rest of each vehicle even more reliable. But considering that, sometimes failures might happen. Hopefully this information will help you to get your Tesla back on the road quickly.

Moderators, can we have this thread as a sticky one? Thanks!

i believe i looked at recell-ev.com and they wouldn't cover anything older than 2016.
i have a 2014 P85D and it works great. i'd just like some assurance/warranty in case something happened.
i don't believe there's a battery repair shop in the Denver area so if something happened, i would either have to transport it or buy a refurb battery.

has anything tried 057tech.com or know if they're a trusted company?
there's a lot of shady extended warranty companies.

i believe i looked at recell-ev.com and they wouldn't cover anything older than 2016.
i have a 2014 P85D and it works great. i'd just like some assurance/warranty in case something happened.
i don't believe there's a battery repair shop in the Denver area so if something happened, i would either have to transport it or buy a refurb battery.

I used 057tech for my battery replacement, very good service.

Reactions: Rocky_H

Recell told you that? I'm a little confused. That would mean they only fix batteries under warranty.

057 is a bit up in the air at the moment. Not quite sure what's going on there. Hopefully we'll know more soon.