Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MA EV rebate Spring 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. What changes are coming in 2023?
    In the Spring of 2023, MOR-EV anticipates phasing out rebates for plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).

In the Spring of 2023, MOR-EV anticipates initiating a point-of-sale rebate program, which will allow car buyers to take full advantage of their rebates at the time of purchase or lease.

More details on these anticipated changes will be provided in early 2023.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

1. What is MOR-EV?
    For applications received after November 10, 2022, the program provides a $3,500 rebate to eligible battery electric vehicles (BEVs) or fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs). BEVs and FCEVs purchased prior to November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $50,000 or less may qualify. BEVs and FCEVs purchased on or after November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $55,000 or less may qualify. A $1,500 rebate is available to eligible plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) with an all-electric range of 25 miles or greater and a sales price of $50,000 or less.

Currently only Tesla Model 3 qualify for the rebate.
Currently only Tesla Model 3 qualify for the rebate.
  1. What changes are coming in 2023?
    In the Spring of 2023, MOR-EV anticipates phasing out rebates for plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).

In the Spring of 2023, MOR-EV anticipates initiating a point-of-sale rebate program, which will allow car buyers to take full advantage of their rebates at the time of purchase or lease.

More details on these anticipated changes will be provided in early 2023.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

1. What is MOR-EV?
    For applications received after November 10, 2022, the program provides a $3,500 rebate to eligible battery electric vehicles (BEVs) or fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs). BEVs and FCEVs purchased prior to November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $50,000 or less may qualify. BEVs and FCEVs purchased on or after November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $55,000 or less may qualify. A $1,500 rebate is available to eligible plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) with an all-electric range of 25 miles or greater and a sales price of $50,000 or less.
Has anyone received the rebate since they changed the price cap to 55k? I applied in late December and got an email saying it was approved just waiting for the state for the funding. Now when you check status, all I get is it’s “pending”.

Has anyone received the rebate since they changed the price cap to 55k? I applied in late December and got an email saying it was approved just waiting for the state for the funding. Now when you check status, all I get is it’s “pending”.
Checking in here.. Also got the approval when the application went live again June 1. I got approved, then told that payment wouldn't be til mid-year because they didn't have the funding... LOL...
Has anyone seen a penny, or was this just smoke and mirrors?..

Checking in here.. Also got the approval when the application went live again June 1. I got approved, then told that payment wouldn't be til mid-year because they didn't have the funding... LOL...
Has anyone seen a penny, or was this just smoke and mirrors?..
Friend of mine purchased in February and got his check about 6 weeks later...I applied for mine on 6/30, now waiting to hear back.

Anyone have details on the additional $1K MA is supposedly offering if you trade in a gas car?

Reactions: Chewy13
The gas car trade in credit is supposed to be implemented by July 1 which is more than half year late already but there is still nothing new at MOR-EV | MOR-EV is a statewide program that issues up to $1,500 in rebates for plug-in electric vehicle buyers as of today.
Contact your state senator/representative to push. That is what I did!
Thx that's the direction I thought I'd be headed in...law went into place 1/1/23 and as you said was supposed to be available 7/1. My hope is that it applies to purchases that occured prior to 7/1, as that's what was written and shouldn't be dictated by program start date

Took me under 3 weeks for approval, waiting for the check email & actual check.

Did you ever hear from your State Rep about the trade in rebate?
Thanks. Never thought it can take ~3 weeks to just get the approval.

I did get the following response from my State Rep. Who knows whether it will actually happen or not. It's taking way too long...
"A rebate adder program for residents who trade in an eligible internal combustion engine vehicle is expected to launch early next year."

Reactions: King David