Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here are the official specs. So you need the 20" wheels to hit top speed and you need the aero wheels to hit the range.

View attachment 431182

Good info. So, now it gets even more interesting. A 3P- with 18s aeros looks looks kind of weak IMO so if you add the 19" wheels to at least complete the look of a performance sedan you are at $51,490. So, now it just depends if you want to springs for the $3,500 more and get the 20" wheels with the better performance rated Michelins PS4 tires, larger rotors and larger red painted calipers, carbon fiber spoiler and aluminum pedal covers. It will cost a lot more than $3,500 to get a nice set of forged wheels and brake kit.

I am already a buyer so it does not matter but if I were in this situation today I still think I am going with the 3P+ because even if you don't plan to track the car the wheels, brakes and spoiler complete the look. Also, if you ever think you may track the car at some point you have to get Track Mode. Track Mode alone is worth $3500 if you ever plan to use it.

The other approach is by the least 3P- and use the savings for aftermarket wheels and be done with it but without Track Mode the 3P- is not the budget Track build some would like.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
I predict threads here in a month or two from new P3D Stealth owners who are upset they don’t have Track Mode.

Can’t believe they are going down this road of no Track Mode again. I sure hope they make all the buyers sign this comparison form, so people are aware of what they are not getting.

It’s a lot less compelling without Track Mode. Though probably that’s just the case for a few people. I guess they are still trying to incentivize people to move up to the max trim level.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I could care less if I have track mode or not. Never going to drive my car on a track. Everyone differs in their needs but actual track driving sounds like something only a small population do.
Everyone can benefit from faster acceleration.
Only reason I would care to have Track Mode is to disable the traction control if driving up a icy or snow covered hill / driveway or stuck in snow.

I could care less if I have track mode or not. Never going to drive my car on a track. Everyone differs in their needs but actual track driving sounds like something only a small population do.
Everyone can benefit from faster acceleration.
Only reason I would care to have Track Mode is to disable the traction control if driving up a icy or snow covered hill / driveway or stuck in snow.

Sure. To each their own; it’s just a lot less compelling to spend $2k for that acceleration. My bigger concern is there is going to be massive confusion and upset from people. As usual.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Personally I think it's weird of Tesla to create two different versions of the P3D- in the sense of needing to keep track on the back end for software updates regarding track mode.

For every couple things they seem to go out of their way to OVER simplify they create another that's overly complex.

Reactions: raptor5244

Track Mode does not disable traction control. It is more about optimizing stability control and torque bias for better cornering as well as increased regen and tuning of the cooling systems. Considering that Tesla gets help from Randy Pobst to tune Track Mode and the fact you can get future OTA updates to the Track tune makes Track Mode once of the best features ever for performance enthusiasts and should help more folks transition from ICE to EV.

How Track Mode Works

This seems like an insane value. Where else can you buy a car with 0-60 in 3.2 with autopilot for $49k?

It is, which is why I think they over-rotated on the price. Let's face it, there is not much differentiation between all the Model 3 trims at the end of the day. The one thing that folks will pony up and pay for is extra acceleration and performance and they are starting to give that away vs the competition. Nothing else really competes with the specs in this price range.

Is this good or bad? Where do we really go from here? 0-60 in 2.8 sec, 2.5 sec? The performance is pretty much unusable on the street already anyway. Time to create more differentiation and value between the trims since at this pace there won't be much price delta soon.

Reactions: VikH