Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P tire advice help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am needing to replace my 2020 M3P tires and was wanting some advice. I was really wanting the Hankook iON Evo Summer tires but unfortunately they are out of my price range at the moment. I have found and narrowed down my options to the Hankook iON Evo All Season tires or the OEM Pirelli Zero PZ4 tires. I found them both for a really good deal but the Pirellis come out to be a little more. I am in Florida so don't really have a need for an all season tire but I wasn't sure if the Hankook iON Evo All Season would give me what I want out of a new set of tires. I am mainly interested in a smoother, quieter ride. I don't take my car to the track or anything but I definitely do punch it from red lights or take on/off ramps at higher speeds every now and then. I was wondering what you guys thought would be a better option or if you have any other suggestions for tires around $1000 total OTD. Thanks.

I regularly peak at 1g on my daily off-brand eBay tires that I bought for $605 shipped for a set of 4, plus about $100 to install. They certainly wear better than sticker all-seasons. I don’t perceive them as louder than the factory tires (whereas my race set is much louder).

I’d start at TireRack.com, searching in the size you want. Filter down to all-seasons and/or grand-touring tires (mostly because cheap summer tires are likely louder than cheaper all-seasons). Sort by price and keep checking the reviews and test specs of tires as you go down in price until you find a balance between performance (including comfort and noise) and price.

One note: you’ll get a much smoother ride going down to 19s or even 18s. More generally, tire pressure is going to play a much bigger role in physical comfort than tire model.

Thank you, I’ve definitely contemplated going down to 18 or 19 but can’t afford the new wheels along with the new tires at this time. But that has definitely been in the back of my mind.
If a comfortable drive is your goal, you could probably get some budget 19x8.5s for about $900 shipped, a cheap set of tires for about $600 delivered, plus install. Our wheel size and offset is actually pretty common so you might even be able to find a used set for cheaper than that. You’ll get $500-1000 back selling your current set.

I have two sets of matching 19x9.5s that were about $900 per set because I’m cheap :p .

IMG_3886.jpeg