Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low volume on radio first 3 minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In recent weeks when I get into the car and start driving, the volume is very low and cannot be adjusted. This lasts for the first two to three minutes or so. Rotating the volume roller on the left side of the wheel does nothing. After a minute or two, the volume comes on--blaring--if the I'd adjusted it higher earlier when I was trying to increase it. A reset will fix it, until the next start, but who wants to reset the car every drive?

Also, if this helps ID the problem, during the low volume period the turn signal "tick-tock" is also missing. Any help or thought would be much appreciated!

In recent weeks when I get into the car and start driving, the volume is very low and cannot be adjusted. This lasts for the first two to three minutes or so. Rotating the volume roller on the left side of the wheel does nothing. After a minute or two, the volume comes on--blaring--if the I'd adjusted it higher earlier when I was trying to increase it. A reset will fix it, until the next start, but who wants to reset the car every drive?

Also, if this helps ID the problem, during the low volume period the turn signal "tick-tock" is also missing. Any help or thought would be much appreciated!
I have the same issue. It may be due to the cold weather. If I turn on the heat a few minutes prior to getting into the car (in the garage), this problem doesn't exist. I noticed that this started happening when it turned cold.

Had a big freeze here in the NE over the weekend. My car did it again. Not just the radio & turn signals volume, but the night mode remained on the screen in the morning. Next cold snap--I'll test and see how pre-heating helps.