Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my Navigate on Autopilot after 2019.8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update for me.......everything back to normal and working! I did schedule an appointment to have it checked out. I checked all of my sensors and cameras to make sure they were clean before making the appointment. Also did a reset and that didn’t work. Parked car connected to WiFi. Maybe Tesla virtual resolved issues!. Definitely a weird issue for us.
During a call to Tesla Support for similar but not quite the same problem, they recommended a 3 minute Power down every time the software is patched. The two-thumb reboot is not enough.

Otherwise it can take a while for the car to get around to doing the necessary cycle for bringing all the new patch online and your vehicle is in only a quasi-updated state which can lead to odd options behavior like this.

@SammichLover, how do you do the 3 min power-down?

Just had my treatment at the Berkeley CA Service Center yesterday. Smooth operation there. Had a good tech come take a bona fide mad max ride down the freeways with me. In the end, they ordered a replacement right wand to remedy its (demonstrated) intermittent functionality. The downloads at home on WiFi apparently had fixed missing features. There was a critical update of US maps 2-3 days ago that's related. Placing Phone in airplane mode for a while seems to be the best way to fix broken app-to-car functionality. Scratched up my rims (%$$#%$@!!) on a low curb at the entrance to the Berkeley Service Center that I could not see and the car did not detect. Careful on that!

Since then, everything but my intermittent right wand switch seems to be ok. The no-confirm lane change is amazing. I had a very tight exit that my Nikki handled far better than I would, mercilessly muscling his way into a line of cars all going for the exit.

And watching the behavior after that exit I can believe that "incident" at an exit was simply that the car was slowing down in Autosteer after going out of NOA and hit the car in front because it hadn't quite stopped yet, and there was no reaction from the driver. Of course, it should have stopped before hitting any obstacle at low speed, but that whole transition is messy, the software gives the driver a chance to decide what next, and maybe they've found that hard braking could cause worse problems?

• Informative
Reactions: UTMB
During a call to Tesla Support for similar but not quite the same problem, they recommended a 3 minute Power down every time the software is patched. The two-thumb reboot is not enough.

Otherwise it can take a while for the car to get around to doing the necessary cycle for bringing all the new patch online and your vehicle is in only a quasi-updated state which can lead to odd options behavior like this.
Kindly let those of us who don’t yet know how to do a “3 minute power down”, just did a search and nothing found...

@SammichLover, how do you do the 3 min power-down?

Also Dmagyar :

1) Get in the driver's seat and close the door.
2) Turn off your phone's bluetooth (or just turn off the phone, or disconnect the phone via the car's settings by the radio controls accessed via the top right of the screen I expect works, too).
3) Go to the car settings (the little car icon on the left of the bottom icon bar).
4) Select the "Safety & Security" tab.
5) Get ready not to touch the pedals, door handles, the steering wheel, or any other controls for the next 3 minutes. Also you'll have to keep your butt on the seat, as lifting off will "wake" the vehicle.
6) Press the "Power Off" button.
7) Wait. Hum a little tune, perhaps "This Is The Song That Never Ends" about a dozen times. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Dmagyar