Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lincoln MKZ claims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm.....sounds like you drank the Kool Aide...

Drinking it every day and loving it, thank you very much. I can't imagine ever going back. As others have pointed out, plugging in takes a few seconds. There's never a line. I start every day with a "full tank" because I don't have to go out of my way to refuel - the power is right there in my garage. My world is cleaner, I can still hear my music while accelerating. The list goes on and on. The only downside for me right now was the initial expense.

Yeah, it's always funny to hear people that haven't owned an EV complain about how inconvenient they are.

My wife didn't want an EV, but took over mine as soon as she realized how convenient it was. No way I could get her back in to a gas car now.

I had the same experience with my wife. She is now ordering her Model S. She also commented that she thinks something is wrong with the BMW after driving the MS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's always funny to hear people that haven't owned an EV complain about how inconvenient they are.

My wife didn't want an EV, but took over mine as soon as she realized how convenient it was. No way I could get her back in to a gas car now.

I had the same experience with my wife. She is now ordering her Model S. She also commented that she thinks something is wrong with the BMW after driving the MS.

Here's the conversation I've been having for the past month with Lincoln Motors; bottom line is Lincoln is going to stop claiming to be the most fuel-efficient luxury vehicle.

Ironically I just read this thread for the first time while watching the Sox in ALCS Game 6, and an ad for the MKZ came on. I had to go back and replay it because I heard a "most fuel efficient" claim, but it was "most fuel efficient luxury hybrid in America." [emphasis mine]

Just for kicks, I recently test drove a Lincoln MKZ. I had high hopes, but I was not impressed. The interior has more room than a Volt, but far less than a Model S (noticeably so). The suspension was horrible (as compared to the air suspension on Model S. After the test drive, I asked the salesman if the advertised 45 mpg was for real. He admitted that most customers would only be able to get 38 - 39 mpg, based on average driving habits. I give him +1 for honesty. Overall, I thought the car looked nicer on the outside than on the inside. Surprisingly, many Lincoln customers (older folks) are not willing to consider a "new fangled" hybrid vehicle, and opt for the non-hybrid version. Oh, and btw - if you opt for the panoramic roof on the MKZ, you have to get the "old fashioned" antenna - yuk.

My current annoyance is with Dodge's ad campaign for the newest Ram truck. In Canada they are advertising an unbelievably impressive 36 mpg!

The issue in Canada is that official fuel efficiency numbers are in l/100 km. Manufacturers convert to the old Imperial MPG value which ends up higher than US figures due to the Imperial gallon being 1.2 times larger than the US gallon. I think they do this not as a favor to old holdouts (like me), but rather because they know Canadians are exposed to a lot of US advertising and this larger MPG number will stand out against other advertising the consumer may see. Dodge isn't the only one that does this, and it surely is disingenuous at best.