Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leather Wear Warrantee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a warrantee issue?

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

Before the Model S was being delivered, all the test drive vehicles had that same wear pattern. Tesla said it was from 100's of people getting in and out of the cars every day. Made me conscious to not rub up against that part when I get into the car. Not sure if that is considered normal wear and tear (seems excessive to me). You should ask Tesla if it can be replaced under warranty as it seems like excessive wear.

I had the issue, thou it was much less noticeable as I was aware of the problem and was careful getting in and out of the car. Tesla said it is not a warranty item, as they consider it normal wear and tear. Having said that, they replaced it for me as "good will", but said it was a one time replacement. They replaced it because I started complaining about the problem within two months of getting the car, and it was documented with Tesla service. I note that on current production cars, that section is now plastic instead of leather.

I would consider that wear and tear since it's caused by making continuous contact. Try and take it too your local SC and see how Jolly they feel this time of year...they may take care of it.

If they do, consider yourself on Santa's good list and keep an eye on it moving forward.