Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Know a good collision/body shop in East Bay that won't charge max price for an older Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an old but working great 90 2016S that got hit in the rear bumper, quarter panel. Drives fine, no warnings, charges fine, other than the parking sensor is out. Due to high miles the market value of my beloved 90 is virtually nil, but of course the repair estimate from a recommended Tesla approved shop is around 20k at minimum, and insurance wants to declare it total loss. Want to keep this car as it still has FUSC. And I don't want to buy a new Tesla. There must be a talented guy in Nor Cal who can use a salvage part to fix the damage to make it cosmetically acceptable without ordering new parts -- anyone know of a decent shop in the East Bay? Or is everyone trying to charge top dollar for every ding and scratch? thanks in advance.

Most shops want to use new parts. The reason is they fit and don't have damage and/or repairs that may cause the customer to get upset when the paint starts flaking down the road.

With that said 20K is a lot of money. Did you get an itemized estimate of the work to be performed and parts replaced? There must be substantial damage and paint matching to run that much. In my experience Tesla parts are relatively reasonably priced and less than comparable brands like BMW, Mercedes, etc.