Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kia Niro EV Pricing Announced For Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…but only 2,000 are to be delivered to Norway in 2019?

Kia announced in Norway that the upcoming e-Niro will start at 377,400 NOK (€39,590 / $44,940), which is not as affordable as one would’ve hoped.

Bjørn Nyland noted that the price difference to the Hyundai Kona Electric is about 12.5% higher and because both models are equipped with the same 64 kWh battery, all the difference needs to be assigned to the bigger size/roominess of the e-Niro and maybe some different standard equipment.

There is not much competition in the long-range segment, especially in the non-premium part of the market, which makes Kia’s pricing totally reasonable.

Kia e-Niro

301-Mile Kia Niro EV To Be Priced Well Under $40,000 In U.S.

Watch Kia e-Niro Get The Autogefühl Treatment At Paris Debut

Hyundai Kona Electric Compared To Kia Niro EV: Video

Apparently, Kia will be able to deliver only around 2,000 e-Niro to Norway in 2019, despite it being one of the prioritized markets (Norway, Netherlands, France and Sweden).

Kia e-Niro spec (64 kWh battery version):

64 kWh battery – 301 miles (485 km) of WLTP range

0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.8 seconds

150 kW (204 hp) and 395 Nm of torque

fast charging at 100 kW: 0-80% in 54 minutes (0-50% in 30 minutes)

fast charging at 50 kW: 0-80% in 75 minutes

normal charging (on-board AC 7.2 kW) 0-100% in 9.5 hours (20 hours at 3.6 kW)

Kia e-Niro spec (39.2 kWh battery version):

39.2 kWh battery – 194 miles (312 km) of WLTP range

0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 9.8 seconds

100 kW (136 hp) and 395 Nm of torque

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
…but only 2,000 are to be delivered to Norway in 2019? Kia announced in Norway that the upcoming e-Niro will start at 377,400 NOK (€39,590 / $44,940), which is not as affordable as one would’ve hoped. Bjørn Nyland noted that the price difference to the Hyundai Kona Electric is about 12.5% higher and because both models...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2018/10/30/kia-niro-ev-pricing-announced-for-norway/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]
Ouch! And not enough production!

I keep hearing how Kona and Niro will be so much more competitive than Model 3, but I’m not seeing it.

Having driven Kona EV I can say it’s not much car for your money and it has no “X factor” whatsoever.

In NZ the Niro will be $82,000 which is a *lot* of money for a baby SUV. This is USD44,940 / 0.62 exchange rate x 1.15 for GST.

Model 3 SR and MR will be the same or less cost for a far more stylish and performance vehicle. All we need is RHD. A no brainer?

When/How did you drive the Kona EV in NZ? I was not aware there were any here yet. And I thought I saw Kia NZ saying they will not be bring the Niro EV to NZ at all? As for the RHD Std Range Model 3, you will not see that in NZ until 2020, and I really doubt the MR will exist for very long at all after the SR is introduced, and it certainly will never be made in RHD.

When/How did you drive the Kona EV in NZ? I was not aware there were any here yet. And I thought I saw Kia NZ saying they will not be bring the Niro EV to NZ at all? As for the RHD Std Range Model 3, you will not see that in NZ until 2020, and I really doubt the MR will exist for very long at all after the SR is introduced, and it certainly will never be made in RHD.
The company I work for test drove the Kona EV. It was nice but not exceptional. Good range though.

You may be right about 2020 Model 3 delivery but why would Tesla not sell the larger battery versions if they can make more money? I looked at the LR+premium upgrade and thought I could afford it at a stretch but MR is definitely worth it, given that the SR will not get 350km range with all our hills. 400+ km for MR is far more useful.

You are quite wrong about Tesla not making RHD Model 3. RHD has always been proposed for mid-2019 for UK, Japanese, Australian & NZ markets. The reason Tesla even opened their showroom and service centre on K Road was because NZ has some thousands of Model 3 reservation holders.

It's very interesting that the e-Niro is priced at $44,940 US in both Norway and New Zealand. I expect very similar pricing here in North America.

Our roommate was really interested in the e-Niro, but he decided to pull the trigger on a mid-range Model 3, as it was clearly the better value.

The company I work for test drove the Kona EV. It was nice but not exceptional. Good range though.

You may be right about 2020 Model 3 delivery but why would Tesla not sell the larger battery versions if they can make more money? I looked at the LR+premium upgrade and thought I could afford it at a stretch but MR is definitely worth it, given that the SR will not get 350km range with all our hills. 400+ km for MR is far more useful.

You are quite wrong about Tesla not making RHD Model 3. RHD has always been proposed for mid-2019 for UK, Japanese, Australian & NZ markets. The reason Tesla even opened their showroom and service centre on K Road was because NZ has some thousands of Model 3 reservation holders.
I never said there would be no RHD Model 3, only that the MR battery will never make it into a RHD version. I also wouldnt be surprised if the SR Model 3 is not available in NZ for a long time or ever, since Tesla is luxury brand here (by pricing)

I never said there would be no RHD Model 3, only that the MR battery will never make it into a RHD version. I also wouldnt be surprised if the SR Model 3 is not available in NZ for a long time or ever, since Tesla is luxury brand here (by pricing)

Tesla only has the S and X outside of the USA so that's why they're expensive.
The Model 3 will be released in all Tesla markets and if Tesla releases the SR, it'll release it everywhere. The market is much bigger at the low end of the premium market.