Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Justin Beiber Caught Speeding in his Fisker Karma!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that don't know, this is Bieber's way to travel around LA stealth-like:

fisker_karma_r34_ns_41112_717.jpg

Is it only me or has this latest incident with Justin Beiber caused incredible embarrassment for Fisker?

If I were the car maker I would want nothing to do with an 18 year old celebrity being chased by paparazzi.

Sends the wrong message.

I am guessing the average age of an "S" driver will be 30+ ?

Is it only me or has this latest incident with Justin Beiber caused incredible embarrassment for Fisker?

If I were the car maker I would want nothing to do with an 18 year old celebrity being chased by paparazzi.

Sends the wrong message.

I am guessing the average age of an "S" driver will be 30+ ?

At this point, all news is good news for Fisker. How many people that never saw or heard of the car before got exposed to the brand because of this incident? I'm sure they are happy for the free product placement regardless of where it comes from.

Probably. However I would be shocked if there weren't people doing stupid things diving a Model S as well.
I don't see any reason stupid behavior on an individual's part should reflect poorly on the company that manufactured the car, or sunglasses, or shoes, or ...

Actually, this was positive press for Fisker. It demonstrated that electric cars (yes, 'EV's... with range extenders ;-)) can be fast and sporty. There was an NBC LA news segment on "what is a Fisker"... and they interviewed LACarGuy Mike Sullivan (I think he's the biggest car dealer in LA ... he has Porsche, Audi, Lexus, VW, etc) and he said he's gotten a huge influx of calls after the Bieber episode. They also said that the chrome trim was Bieber's own doing...not a factory color/option.

It's much better press than "Fisker's engine is underpowering and user interface is abysmal".

There is no question that having someone "hot" like Bieber driving a Fisker helps them. It's the same as the pair of shoes he's wearing, or pants or hat or whatever else he might be tacitly endorsing. This is doubly true for something like Fisker where most people (assume 90%+) have otherwise never even heard of the car.

"I'm in a Fisker."
<pause>
"What kind of car is that?"
"It's a Fisker...."
<chuckle>

As he described the following car as a "hybrid", he probably was thinking of "plugin-hybrid", but thought she wouldn't understand. It probably takes a bit in such a situation to get around those PHEV related terms and come up with something like "chrome-covered sports car".