Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered - next steps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order for a Model 3 LR AWD today (12/7/2019). I’m in Southern California so probably expect the vehicle near end of December but hope sooner.

I filled out all the registration info and applied for financing. Got an offer on trade in for my current 2019 Prius Prime Advanced which is actually higher than Carmax. I’m thinking of trying to sell private party - but do I need to either decline or upload the title and accept the trade before they will assign me a vin and assign a delivery date? I’d like to wait to decide on trade for a bit still if possible.

Also, about ten minutes after applying for Tesla financing it showed I was approved at a rate of 3.5 percent. But after getting a trade valuation, the credit app changed back to showing as “pending” again and the application now shows the possible trade in value as a down payment. It says someone from Tesla will reach out to me for a decision and finance rate. Seems odd? Anything I need to do at this point to get that moved forward? Or are they waiting on me to make a trade decision and is that going to delay my vehicle delivery?

Thanks for any input anyone has - I can’t wait to get this car! :)

Congratulations on your order. I'd assume someone at the bank will need to review your credit application before it's final. At least in my case during business hours I applied through Tesla and within 90 minutes I was done. If you've otherwise completed your profile with DL and insurance you should be good. At least in my experience I didn't have any issues with a completed profile.

• Informative
Reactions: jonquiljo
Placed my order for a Model 3 LR AWD today (12/7/2019). I’m in Southern California so probably expect the vehicle near end of December but hope sooner.

I filled out all the registration info and applied for financing. Got an offer on trade in for my current 2019 Prius Prime Advanced which is actually higher than Carmax. I’m thinking of trying to sell private party - but do I need to either decline or upload the title and accept the trade before they will assign me a vin and assign a delivery date? I’d like to wait to decide on trade for a bit still if possible.

Also, about ten minutes after applying for Tesla financing it showed I was approved at a rate of 3.5 percent. But after getting a trade valuation, the credit app changed back to showing as “pending” again and the application now shows the possible trade in value as a down payment. It says someone from Tesla will reach out to me for a decision and finance rate. Seems odd? Anything I need to do at this point to get that moved forward? Or are they waiting on me to make a trade decision and is that going to delay my vehicle delivery?

i don't at all intend this to be a rude comment... just trying to be helpful and realistic for you! However, ive been reading around a lot on this forum. Although it is counterintuitive, California deliveries seem to be a lower priority than other states and locations, it takes 3 days for your configuration to even get sent over to the factory, and the "guarantee" Q4 delivery cut off date seems to vary between 11/31-12/8 depending on the State. You've got a few things working against your best interests, so I wouldn't want to falsely pump you up for a 2019 delivery. With all that said, I hope some of this has been helpful and regardless, i hope they can still manage to get your car delivered this month!

All the best, my friend! And welcome to the awesome Tesla community!

As has been mentioned before, since you ordered on the last day listed as "should get by the end of the year" it is very likely that you will be involved in the "last week of the quarter hustle" as Tesla tries to get you a car at the last minute to get it on the books for this year.

I would suggest checking in on the LR waiting room thread to get an idea of what the current time-frame of orders in SoCal are being delivered.