Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps you received the navigation data update.
Possibly. Whatever it was, it was a 413 MB download.

B3982215-2758-43E4-97FA-5DF8CA9CD39F.png

Reactions: Bill Foster
I had a situation today where a car was coming up in my blind spot and auto lane change swiftly made the auto lane change instead of waiting. It was safe to do. The car was still a bit far behind. But I am pretty sure previous auto lane change would have chickened out and not done the lane change. I am hoping this is a good sign that auto lane is more assertive now.

After further testing, auto lane change is indeed faster and more decisive when making the lane change.

Types of scenarios test:
• Lane change with no car in lane
• Lane change with car near my blindspot
• Land change with car driving to my blindspot

Glad this new change has been made to faster lane changes.

i was hoping this update would finally make it so my music volume gets saved, but nope. For some reason every time I get back in my car the volume of the music is low regardless of where I had it when I exited the car. Is this how it is for everyone?

i was hoping this update would finally make it so my music volume gets saved, but nope. For some reason every time I get back in my car the volume of the music is low regardless of where I had it when I exited the car. Is this how it is for everyone?
My volume is always right where I left it. Are you using your cell phone or a USB drive or something as the audio source?

On the other hand, turn signal activated lane changes still decelerate ~2MPH when there's a car in the blindspot of the lane you're changing to EVEN if you're going faster than that "blindspot" vehicle. It's one of the few annoying features remaining in vanilla AP highway behavior.

I see this when I'm in the left-most lane, I pass a vehicle that's in the lane to my right, and then I initiate the turn signal to get in front of the vehicle I've just passed. If I initiate the turn signal while the "passed" vehicle is still in the red-zone, the Tesla decelerates. I always need to step on the accelerator to compensate.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Tested the manual lane change with AP and no FSD. It still works as long as you do a full press of the turn signal instead of a half press.

Also, has anyone else noticed their car tracking a lot more vehicles? I was on an on-ramp on the way home today and my 3 was tracking 3-4 cars around me at a time. Got a quick screenshot, for a moment even the car behind me was highlighted in dark grey. Maybe an AP update in prep for city driving?

IMG_20190726_145823429.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Tested the manual lane change with AP and no FSD. It still works as long as you do a full press of the turn signal instead of a half press.

Also, has anyone else noticed their car tracking a lot more vehicles? I was on an on-ramp on the way home today and my 3 was tracking 3-4 cars around me at a time. Got a quick screenshot, for a moment even the car behind me was highlighted in dark grey. Maybe an AP update in prep for city driving?

View attachment 434553
I tested further last night on my way home as well and I found that of my 5 lane changes, the quick activation of the turn signal (three blinks) deactivated Autosteer 2 times. The others I had to physically steer the wheel to get it deactivated. I rebooted last night and the one time I tried this morning, it disabled. So it's possible that it was because I hadn't rebooted after installing the update.

I tested further last night on my way home as well and I found that of my 5 lane changes, the quick activation of the turn signal (three blinks) deactivated Autosteer 2 times. The others I had to physically steer the wheel to get it deactivated. I rebooted last night and the one time I tried this morning, it disabled. So it's possible that it was because I hadn't rebooted after installing the update.
Not sure I understand. With FSD if you pull the lever down/cut on signal and it changes lanes as long as it is clear. If another car is in the lane it may try slowing down or may cancel the auto lane change. In your first post you said "...it still works..." What are you saying it does?