Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just an allusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's your idea of a beautiful car, you're wasting your time here. Our taste in cars is truly different. Plus, ask the Tokyo professor when his car goes on sale. Bet you won't like the answer.

I believe that you have misconstrued my comments/at least taken them out of context, i.e., my post consisted of a two(2) part comment on the initial post in which I addressed the posit of a designer's expressed desire to produce a "super speed supercar", submitting that a designer in Tokyo had already done so with a concept known as the "Eliica", whereas the second part of my post was my opinion on the appearance/aesthetic appeal of the proposed prototype by "Hybrid Technologies".

http://www.koenigsegg.com/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/con...s-axp-600.jpg&caption=Hybrid Technologies AXP

Regardless of your misunderstanding my comments, I assure you that my "taste in cars" is as palatable as any other member here, perhaps even a bit more refined if I may say so myself.

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, I did read your comments wrong. No offense then, I hope. But the Eliica is not my cup of tea, at least from a styling standpoint.

And this from the "don't dis' member", lol!

Understandable, none taken, though it is worth mentioning that despite whatever reservations that you may have about the Eliica's appearance, it's body style has the very practical, real world appeal of being one of (if not the) the most aerodynamic vehicles ever produced and I submit that that alone holds a certain degree of appeal, of beauty, that is quite a bit more than whatever the somewhat shallow, aesthetic value may amount to...think about it and I'll see ya around the forums.

Last edited:
Now back to "Hybrid Technologies"...Why are these people even still around?

Didn't they misrepresent their motives to Tesla management in order to steal pertinent motor/drive train/body styling technical specifications, et al.?!

Didn't Tesla sue them for fraud/copyright-patent infringement/corporate espionage, etc., etc.?!

Anyone any 411 on the inside scoop on this issue?

Perhaps I have my references mixed up"?"

Wasn't HT the company contracted to design/build the multi-speed transmission that went south all of a sudden and prompted the managerial shakeup at Tesla?

HT has had many lawsuits over the years but I am not aware of any with Tesla. I have been sounding an alarm about them every time they release a new EV product. You can search them with terms like lawsuit, ruling, etc.

Now, that said, I had a long talk with some of their new management at the recent Alt car expo. They assured me that all the old people are gone and they are serious about what they are doing. There was a lot of pride in their Mini conversion. I believed the sincerity to be real and wish them well.

PS
Interesting. As I reread what I just wrote, I thought about con-men. It's what they do...

TEG said:
You were probably thinking of Magna, with some Fisker mixed in.

HT has had many lawsuits over the years but I am not aware of any with Tesla. I have been sounding an alarm about them every time they release a new EV product. You can search them with terms like lawsuit, ruling, etc.

Now, that said, I had a long talk with some of their new management at the recent Alt car expo. They assured me that all the old people are gone and they are serious about what they are doing. There was a lot of pride in their Mini conversion. I believed the sincerity to be real and wish them well.

PS
Interesting. As I reread what I just wrote, I thought about con-men. It's what they do...

Perhaps it is that I have gotten my references mixed up a bit?

Tell me, just who was it that the people at Tesla contracted with to design/build a multiple speed transmission for them that ended up with the upper echelon restructuring of Tesla?

Or maybe this says it all?

Several companies have been associated with the Telsa transmission. Partly documented here:

Tesla's wild ride - Jul. 9, 2008

The prototype Roadsters started with a 2-speed transmission by XTrac. This transmission would develop problems after 10,000 miles or so. They tried to get XTrac to fix, and also worked with Magna. Neither solution worked.

They continued to work on the design in house, but also pitched it out to others, Ricardo comes to mind, I think one other firm as well worked on the 2 speed version. Eventually they decided to re-engineer it as the current 1-speed. Borg-Warner has that contract.

Several companies have been associated with the Telsa transmission. Partly documented here:

Tesla's wild ride - Jul. 9, 2008

The prototype Roadsters started with a 2-speed transmission by XTrac. This transmission would develop problems after 10,000 miles or so. They tried to get XTrac to fix, and also worked with Magna. Neither solution worked.

They continued to work on the design in house, but also pitched it out to others, Ricardo comes to mind, I think one other firm as well worked on the 2 speed version. Eventually they decided to re-engineer it as the current 1-speed. Borg-Warner has that contract.

Hmm, perhaps it was Getrag that I was thinking of"?"

Thank you though for the linked info.

OnCars' review of the Tesla is much, much better...and more indepth.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/17362-post1.html

allusion (aka inspiration), sorry to call you out again, but you should try reading the forum. As far as I can tell, you've just started three threads about things we already have threads for. Try using the search feature. It's not great, but it works. Also this site is actively indexed by Google. You might try a google search with "teslamotorsclub" in addition to your keywords and find what you're looking for.

Also, again, please use the quote feature of the forum so that it's more clear what you're lifting from articles.

allusion (aka inspiration), sorry to call you out again, but you should try reading the forum. As far as I can tell, you've just started three threads about things we already have threads for. Try using the search feature. It's not great, but it works. Also this site is actively indexed by Google. You might try a google search with "teslamotorsclub" in addition to your keywords and find what you're looking for.

Damn...and I thought that I was being progressive, lol!

doug said:
Also, again, please use the quote feature of the forum so that it's more clear what you're lifting from articles.

I make it a point to include the authoring link with each of my posts that are so originated, so I do not understand the purpose for your comment.

Damn...and I thought that I was being progressive, lol!
It's not progressive. It just clutters up the site and adds unnecessary work for the moderators.

I make it a point to include the authoring link with each of my posts that are so originated, so I do not understand the purpose for your comment.
The purpose is so that it's easy for readers to tell what are your comments and what is just lifted from an article. Please use the

It's not progressive. It just clutters up the site and adds unnecessary work for the moderators.

I've just conducted a "search" for the On Cars Tesla review (been reading elsewhere) and had a couple returns other than my own concise submission, so if you'd prefer to, then by all means delete my post.

I'd appreciate it if you were to point out the other two of the "three things we already have threads for..." so that I may have the opportunity to review those as well.

Thank you.

Yes, I've since revisited their individual threads wherein my submitted information was incorporated nicely with the other comments, providing more readily available insight on the given subject as compared, but if you've the need to delete my comments to trim the thread and make it more so readily digestible to the viewer/easier on you/Moderators, then by all means please do, I gather that others will succeed in conveying the gist of the issue under discussion without my input.

Sure, they're cute. They are also totally impractical for me.

I cannot do without the flexibility of a four seater. Even if we could afford a third car, we change our plans in the middle of the day too often. I have to be able to pick up the kids on my way home from work.

An electric Smart Forfour might be a good second car.
True, all very true.

I understand the impracticality of a two-seater/sports car for a "family" and perhaps it is that the EV marketeers and manufacturers need to realize the basic fact that the majority of our society primarily consists of "family units" and not just "singles", then orient their design and marketing strategies accordingly, though the gist of what I've gotten on the psychology behind the EV movement (other than the all too obvious necessity for environmental, economical and health consciousness) is that it is still, essentially, in its infancy and accordingly requires some degree of further development to overcome certain technologically limiting hurdles as maximum weight requirements versus mileage, and safety/reliability, for example.

But don't worry, it is getting to the point where, soon enough, just about any vehicle format will be able to be electrolyzed...take for instance the offerings from Chrysler's ENVI division consisting of, yes, a "sports" car, but also a Jeep and (drum roll please) the ever family enviable "minivan".
https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innovation/envi/overview/