Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It only took me 30,000 miles to figure this out..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, this works, but the more people who are foolish enough to do this the more likely Tesla will be forced to engineer around it.

Think about what happens if you become incapacitated while behind the wheel. Normally the car will slow down to a complete stop and put on your hazards. With a bottle attached, the car will keep going and eventually crash.

It is the torque thing, and many people in China know the 'bottle trick', nipping a bottle of water on the steering wheel, and you can auto-piloting without touching the wheel indefinitely. But, use it wisely.
View attachment 262818 View attachment 262819
i've seen one famous youtuber (won't mention name) who had an ankle weight wrapped around the steering wheel so same thing.

:D

• Funny
Reactions: bnsfengineer
i've seen one famous youtuber (won't mention name) who had an ankle weight wrapped around the steering wheel so same thing.

:D

I just tried this for the first time last night on a long road trip with a drink bottle wedged into the wheel... worked great. Didn't touch the wheel for 350 miles (except to get off to recharge).

IMG_2456.jpeg

Before buying our car, the Tesla rep who took us on the test drive told us that we need to squeeze the wheel to get the car to let it know we were still there, but that's not the case at all. It is definitely torque on the wheel that slightly resists the car's automatic steering that does it.

I was told the same thing, for the longest time I was squeezing the wheel with no luck until I was told to nudge it LOL