Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Piano Black Center Console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the center console I have overall, got the Piano black one installed on delivery since they had them back then.

Since installed though I've noticed a couple issues, mainly both with the shiny piano black small section that flips up, etc. I keep it flipped down (thus black side up) usually.

1. The edges of it towards back have a slight peeling to them, always have but wasn't a big deal really.

2. The thing seems to scratch very easily. I guess at some time I've cleaned it with a paper towel but usually use a microfiber clothe like everywhere else. Either way, it is all scratch up when in the sunlight.

Anyone else have this, and is there anyway to maybe recover it with something that looks good, doesn't scratch so easily, etc?

Thoughts....

Mine scratches just by looking at it. I also leave the lid open because you can't close it if you are using the 12V charging plug. Great storage.

Love the center console I have overall, got the Piano black one installed on delivery since they had them back then.

Since installed though I've noticed a couple issues, mainly both with the shiny piano black small section that flips up, etc. I keep it flipped down (thus black side up) usually.

1. The edges of it towards back have a slight peeling to them, always have but wasn't a big deal really.

2. The thing seems to scratch very easily. I guess at some time I've cleaned it with a paper towel but usually use a microfiber clothe like everywhere else. Either way, it is all scratch up when in the sunlight.

Anyone else have this, and is there anyway to maybe recover it with something that looks good, doesn't scratch so easily, etc?

Thoughts....

Mine scratches just by looking at it. I also leave the lid open because you can't close it if you are using the 12V charging plug. Great storage.

You just need to get a low profile 12V charging plug, like this one to be able to close the door with the 12V charger still plugged in:

Amazon.com: SCOSCHE USBC242M 12 Watts per port (24W/4.8A total output) USB Car Charger- The FASTEST CHARGE RATE for Apple and Android Devices-Retail Packaging-Black: Cell Phones Accessories

Scosche_.jpg