Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with backup camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I got a Model S on May 31st and am facing the following issues. If anyone has any idea I would really appreciate it.

1) Starting from Day 1 my model S has a black blank screen when I put it on reverse. The guy doing the demo said its a known issue and should fix itself in some days. I have tried everything to reset it, power off it basically everything discussed in other forums and it does not fix.
2) The autopark does not work for me. I tried driving past slowly across multiple parking slots for 30 mins, tried various combinations but the autopark thing did not show up at all.

I have scheduled a service request on June 16th but trying to figure out if I can get any help before that.

Hi All

I got a Model S on May 31st and am facing the following issues. If anyone has any idea I would really appreciate it.

1) Starting from Day 1 my model S has a black blank screen when I put it on reverse. The guy doing the demo said its a known issue and should fix itself in some days. I have tried everything to reset it, power off it basically everything discussed in other forums and it does not fix.
2) The autopark does not work for me. I tried driving past slowly across multiple parking slots for 30 mins, tried various combinations but the autopark thing did not show up at all.

I have scheduled a service request on June 16th but trying to figure out if I can get any help before that.
mine had black back-up camera too for a few days. a new software load seemed to be what fixed it.

I got my model s 2 weeks ago and this just started happening 4 days ago where the screen was just black at night, along with it as I entered the car it told me that the car was loading up which never happened before. Yesterday my wife said that the back up screen was just white and again did the "car loading up" it came back later that day but Tesla service hasn't gotten back to me yet about it .

I did...they asked me to do may resets which did not fix the issue...they asked me to schedule a service appointment.

Do we get a loaner car if they need to keep it for service overnight?
I know at our service center to get a loaner they have to have them if not they will get you a car from enterprise, but they try to put you in a Tesla. My wife and I got put into a p90d when something happened to our model s. So def possible all you have to do is ask

I have had the same problem but it only happens when I start up the car, if it is going to happen. I was told that the problem is a firmware problem and is being worked on. During a visit to the dealer I was speaking with one of the service managers and he told me that this happens when you leave the backup camera on during driving. When I turned the camera off when driving the problem with a black screen stopped when I backup.

I have had the same problem but it only happens when I start up the car, if it is going to happen. I was told that the problem is a firmware problem and is being worked on. During a visit to the dealer I was speaking with one of the service managers and he told me that this happens when you leave the backup camera on during driving. When I turned the camera off when driving the problem with a black screen stopped when I backup.
im going to have to try this later on today if it happens again hopefully they can fix this problem

so we called Tesla and we set up the appointment to bring it in so they can see we got the email saying that they will be looking at it over the air and if they can fix it that way since then its been working but we are logging it when it doesn't work just in case. The more data the better