Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues since last update(s) currently 2021.44.30.7?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things I noticed since the last updates:
1) If I select a broadcast channel (example: CNN) I get no audio unless I select a different one (example: CNBC), then I can go back to CNN and everything works fine until I leave my 2021 Model Y. Then, no matter what station I was listening to, it doesn't play it unless I repeat the process which is make another choice, then go back to the channel and what I wanted to hear returns.

2) What's up with the signal strength indicators for cell and bluetooth connections? The only way I've found them is to press the system icon (the car image on the far bottom left), and then it's at the top of the list. The Del Webb Hilton Head adult community, where I live in Bluffton, South Carolina, regardless of carrier, usually has zero-1 bar regardless of the service provider (I have Verizon, but whether it's AT&T, T-Mobile, or the ones provided by Consumer Cellular, or Spectrum (our cable provider)), thus not having the signal indicators where they were before (Top right corner of display) creates issues. Specifically, if I should be on a call and can't tell how much cell service (bars) I have without fumbling for my phone or looking at the screen to the system wide screen controls I eventually get disconnected. Candidly because of the 3 golf courses here (who obviously don't want cell towers anywhere near them), once I go through the front gate, I've got maybe 5 minutes before either the call fails or the other person(s) I was speaking with cannot hear my voice. Thus, it's important for me to know my cell signal strength so I can let alert the parties on the other side of the call that I'm going to be disconnected.

Is there any way to include them on the main page, or is there a setting that was recently introduced I can use to restore the cellular, WiFi and (I think) Bluetooth signal strength indicators? Thank you in advance for any advice.

UGH!
I also neglected to mention that the WAZE overlay for the standard Tesla map no longer works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but even though it is a bit easier to work with the factory road map, WAZE advises of law enforcement hiding with a radar gun, AND WAZE members advise the driver of upcoming traffic delays because they can be closer to the accident or stalled vehicle than I am.

🥺 look what happened to me in my P85D “”with Mcu2 upgrade was working perfect all this few months and we update our beautiful model s with the new version V11 look better and great 👍🏼all working perfect
UNTIL 🤨🤬 yesterday last update ..
But guess what yesterday January 28 was a new update and I regret 100% 💯 download that one ( I will never ever again I’m going to download any updates again”

First issue was “

loosing strength signal in the MCU2 LTE no more for around 5 minute can’t be able to use my radio no internet at all .. I did the steering wheel Reset and nothing also the POWER OFF hard reset after I call customer support line and after few try work again 🤨🤫😏 but im
not happy because BEFORE that update always that LTE bars was full and always seat my car worked perfectly instantly….NOW we have to wait when he wants 🤬

NOW Guess what’s here he come the WORST 💩 the worst driving back my house I seat my car to put car in DRIVE and look 👀 the cluster and the MCU2 unit said a message ( came on ALERT BMS U008 performance reduce 🤯😡😡😡 really “”””….

At that moment I don’t know if cry or just punch 🥊 myself to download that last update from January 28 now my gorgeous Tesla S is in LIMP MODE and I can’t use it . I contact Tesla support in a parking lot to see can be reset and erase that and they Can’t 🥺 need to be send it to Tesla Center for service “🥊..

I call Road assistant and too much money to drive 3 miles away we’re was the Tesla center but was closer just the was open for new customer delivery date only service was close … Now with headaches “” AFTER download that stupid update I found out too many issue and now my BMS battery is compromised “”

I droved my car until Tesla center and parked and call family members pick me up until I remove all my belongings out my car and write a letter explaining what going on and drop my car FOB key inside the glovebox in service inside a safe that is outside following the instructions from the Tesla representative by phone 📞…. now NO loaner car just waiting someone pick me up “”. now wait until Monday 30 January to be able called tesla center to tell my story and let him know. my car key are there and my car in parking lot waiting notice from them to know WHATS the hell is going on “🤬… ALL happened after the update in Jan 28/2022 ….

is just INSANE “ how can we TRUST again now I don’t have a peace of mind how can we trust again so what happened when we don’t have any warranty is our expensive cara that we love like Tesla “”” How I can trust now on how “. that next update he is going to be ok or is going to messing around with the battery 🔋 to make him get damage in purpose or changing parameter in the motor.. How i’m going to trust again ???

Also “” the FOB key start having issues in strength signal to open the door now i need to be near the door 🥺😨😨 BEFORE that update I walked like 10 feet way and he recognized me and open “ now is like a I need to almost touch the handle WTF 😳🤬😢😢😢😢🥺😩😩😩😩😩….

Any this story in nightmare after that update to be able to share with all . now see what is that ALERT BMS U008 performance reduce 😩. TESLA engineer need to be sure before send update that our cars are going to be fine and ok NO to destroy or messing around with parameters pushing stuff that are not safe at all…. NOW IM thing and coinciding or start using a combustion car again 😩😢..

Last thing always I told the technitian i’m felling my car need a NEW remplace a battery pack and upgrade from 85 to 90 unless god and always is a excuse to avoid that and always their answer here in Florida is a we don’t charge battery we remplace the module that it 😳😳 but that is not fair because you remplace 1 module or 2 maybe but all others are old like almost 10 years and always is a excuse to make me happy just to tell me yes ,,, you have degradation and your are loosing miles so let see now “” the BMS alert is telling me that I need a new heart COME ON tesla make our service support better im
frustrated “. now “ IM HOPING they now replace the whole battery pack for a 90 kw is what we need because 85
kw is already discontinued …..

We need to send the message to Elon Musk we are the first client model S we need a FAIR options to keep our cars we love this cars but we need a FAIR Price FAIR price if we wants or looking to put a better battery pack like 100kw my car support that perfectly…. we need also more extension option in warranty please “”in motor and battery…

Now I don’t trust in the new future update
HOW I’m going to Trust if all my problems start when yesterday I update my car….

I love Tesla industry.love my car and i’m a extremely Tesla sponsorship and promoted to anyone to switch tonEV tesla cars always “””I wish to work also in Tesla imaging that like it “”.

But with this issue i got now I don’t have peace of mind im thinking to sell him after get fix and I DONT wanna it …. also i’m still packing payment to him expensive..

Also Elon please activate the tesla car insurance in Florida RESCUE US please ( progressive/state farm and Geico are RAPE IN my wallet in car insurance is ridiculous insane $$ never been in a accident 20 years /never a tickets / and i’m paying like in insurance like a I have 3 DUI 😂 insane brother —- we Need to be Rescue

Attachments

• 6B2B8F2D-4D57-4377-A604-C5355914BBCC.jpeg
    6B2B8F2D-4D57-4377-A604-C5355914BBCC.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 108
  • A8239F46-B037-4E48-8EDC-F1BEEA0153CC.jpeg
    A8239F46-B037-4E48-8EDC-F1BEEA0153CC.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 65
  • 2E2D7ACF-0F01-4555-8621-C66465BD6759.jpeg
    2E2D7ACF-0F01-4555-8621-C66465BD6759.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 65