Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Israeli forces raid Nasser Hospital; toll from Lebanon strikes rises to 10

Israeli forces raided Nasser Hospital, the main hospital in southern Gaza’s Khan Younis, on Thursday. The Israel Defense Forces said it was conducting an operation to recover the bodies of hostages, while the Gaza Health Ministry accused the IDF of storming the complex “after demolishing the southern wall” and said an earlier Israeli drone had fired at a doctors room, injuring one of the emergency doctors. At least 10 people were killed in Lebanon and at least one in Israel after an exchange of strikes Wednesday that marked Israel’s most forceful attack on its northern neighbor since the start of the war in Gaza.

What a clown show. Neither the host nor Mr. Galloway have an accurate knowledge of the recent history of Israel/Palestine. Fortunately, Britain has an intelligent prime minister.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DamascuS75D
I like John Stewart, but I don't get my understanding of the world from him.

Galloway? He's still alive? I guess he's like Mr. Burns with evil keeping him alive and a snappily dressed sidekick.

It boggles my mind that people watch podcasts. They were bad enough when they were just Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh. Now? Oof.

The U.N. found grounds to believe that Israeli women were sexually assaulted in several locations during the Hamas-led attack on Oct. 7.

A United Nations report released on Monday said that it had found grounds to believe that sexual violence occurred against women during the Hamas-led Oct. 7 attack on Israel and evidence that hostages being held in the Gaza Strip were also assaulted. It called for a full investigation.

The report issued by the U.N. Secretary General’s special envoy on sexual violence in conflict came in response to multiple accounts of sexual violence during the Oct. 7 attack, as well as allegations by Palestinian officials that Palestinian women in detention and in the West Bank had been assaulted. The report asked that Israel grant access to U.N. officials to conduct thorough investigations of the Palestinian accounts.

In articles about starvation in Gaza, the media show a child starving from cerebral palsy, and in the background sit three rather Rubenesque women. Can't make this kind of cognitive dissonance up.

1709742882802.png

I think that this specific situation has been documented. Since CP patients are already compromised, malnutrition can contribute to their death, especially if medical care and physical therapy are both substandard.

I suppose that may be the case with someone who has severe CP. The people I've known with CP might have difficulty getting out of danger in a war zone, but wouldn't be at any higher risk for starvation if food became scarce.