Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal trim on the left and right back door pillars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you can see, the rubber seal that attaches to the plastic trim of the door pillar seems to be separated. It’s like that on both sides. Is that normal?
2D1FFD77-EDA7-4E18-B616-DF88BD98E04E.jpeg

It's not normal, but that looks fixable yourself. The B pillar 'inside' is plastic covered with cloth on top, plastic on the bottom. It clips into the B pillar. You could make sure it is clipping in properly and use a spudger to make sure the lip of the plastic trim isn't being pinned behind it. The trim should lay on top.

If that didn't work, I'd Mobile Service it, because it is not right.

Had the same issue and got it fixed at the sc together with a wheel and another trim. If you see the passenger side it should be flush. I noticed most of this happens on the driver side pillar.

My car just came back from body shop Tesla used and now my door has this same issue. Good to know it is easy to correct.
I had that when i picked mine up. Scheduled a service appointment and they just “popped it in”. Owning a Tesla is a life changer but stuff like this…. My first car had less trim issues than my MY, hyundai elantra…