Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla car or app causing phone problems in the house?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having occasional trouble with audio on my iPhone working only one way (they can hear me but I can’t hear them, or vice versa) in the middle of a call. To be clear, I’m talking about using my phone outside of the car but potentially near the car. Could proximity to the car or having the Tesla app on my phone be the cause of these audio glitches? It is a 2023 model Y if that matters.

I am having occasional trouble with audio on my iPhone working only one way (they can hear me but I can’t hear them, or vice versa) in the middle of a call. To be clear, I’m talking about using my phone outside of the car but potentially near the car. Could proximity to the car or having the Tesla app on my phone be the cause of these audio glitches? It is a 2023 model Y if that matters.
I sure don't think so, the car is just another cell phone. First I've heard this complaint.

I also have a 2023 MY.

Upvote 0
Yes if your car is still connected to Bluetooth and the car thinks someone is still inside.

Example: You get out of the car and put a backpack on the seat. The car uses the seat occupancy sensor to pickup weight and stays turned on because it thinks you are inside still. The phones audio is playing in the car still.

You seat sensor can also be broken. If your screen stays on when you are outside of the car it's not working right.

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0