Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla offering QCells's latest Q.Tron panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with Tesla direct is they have switched to mostly using their own T400 series panels. I'm not sure who manufactures them for Tesla, but they swapped out the Qcells with T400s on my install about 1.5 years ago. The installer said they are moving towards the full Tesla product line to minimize third party warranty and service. Not sure if that is golden, but figured I'd share my experience.

From r/TeslaSolar :
Solar Panels: At the moment these are Tesla branded solar panels, which are believed to made under contract by Hanwha Q Cells. As of May 2022, the 400-watt T400H is the most commonly used panel, but some have received the 425-watt T425S panel.
Elsewhere I saw the part numbers match almost exactly between Tesla and Qcells, so I'd believe this. Tesla owns Zep (the mounting mechanism), so it's possible they repackage Qcells panels with their own mounting and branding.

@Allante: I'm curious what about the panels you'd like to see improved? From my experience all the other components (inverters, batteries, MCIs, wiring) are much more consequential to the performance of a system, panels seem pretty commoditized at this point and reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGbreeder
They are using the T405H. I have a pending solar order with Tesla awaiting the permit from my AHJ.

1709689996897.png

Reactions: Grayson73